6

Kathleen's pov :

Do you know how a person whose world collapses in a split second feels? I will try to describe it to you in the most colorful way possible so that you can imagine how I felt.
It all started normally, I'm sitting in the restaurant, waiting for Mr. Jackson, owner of AJ Ins, to show up, meanwhile reviewing for the last time the amendments to their proposal that had to be made to the satisfaction of both parties, and if we reach an agreement , the contract to be signed as soon as possible. I sip some water, I read, so calm that what has to worry me, everything looks fine, I look extremely good, just a breaker of men's hearts.In general, if only there was someone to paint me, it would be the modern Picasso and appreciated before he to die. And of course, according to Murphy's Law, when something is so good that it's unbelievable, BOOM !, a meteorite hits the earth and the last remaining creatures on the planet are me and this man!
Remember I told you I didn't know my son's father except by face? And now imagine a sweet love movie and how the main characters meet years later and she, the sweetheart, sits down behind the menu, trying to hide?
Yes, that's me! As soon as I saw him come in and I almost peed in my pants! And I'm not kidding, really, I could barely contain myself! He began to inspect the restaurant as he talked to the hostess, and I, hiding behind the menu, began to call all the saints I could think of so that he wouldn't recognize me.
Now you will say to yourself, dear Kathleen, she thinks of her son, of his life, fuck fuck fuck! Absolute nonsense! Just to remind you that my life is not a movie and that in real life, mother or not, when I find myself in a situation like this, no, I don't think about my son, but how to escape!
And while I'm pretending to be a James Bond in a skirt, I'm slightly shifting the menu, remember the saints, praying to them that this man won't stay, or at least sit with his back to me so I can experience myself as a cartoon character and escape with speed of Speedy Gonzalez!
Now let me remind you of Murphy's Law, which reads, "You're fucked!"
Peering like one-eyed Esmeralda, I had a heart attack! Yes, we women get them, we are tough and we rarely show it, but we get them!
How do I know it's a heart attack? That what else? My heart first pounded and the ground shook, as if the Lord was playing basketball with it, then it stopped and my ears screamed, as if I were at a baseball game and a child with a whirlwind was sitting behind me, inflating it, like an Indian calling for rain! Then my sweet heart made a cosmic leap from its place to my forehead, heels, and back, stuck somewhere between my lungs and diaphragm, and I began to hyperventilate, whispering witches' spells used by Houdini or anyone else who might have drowned in an experiment to disappear.
And as with any mild heart attack, my cure was the thought that I was already a big girl, he was more drunk than I was, and he probably didn't remember me! Who would remember a twenty-year-old freak who once, a hundred years ago, jumped on your lap? So I decided that I would tighten up, not pay attention to him and wait quietly. And if he remembers me, well, I can always lie that I don't remember. I already have experience with my mother, what's the difference?
"Miss Bishop?" and the slap hit me right in the face! Believe it or not, this time I wrote! Damn, how does he know my name? Did he follow me? Did he study me? I slowly removed the menu and looked at it, I hope indifferently. Whom I deceive, I could not lie to my four-year-old son, let alone someone who looks me in the eye. It's easy with my mother, she's always on the other side of the phone!
"Yes?" That's what I managed to put together. I'm really proud of myself! "I'm Aiden Jackson, from AJ Ins." He held out his hand to me, and I, well ... What about me? I'm dead I'm telling you! My mind jumped out and ran away screaming like after Hitchcock's Scream and left my body to writhe in the hellish flames of his eyes!

Aiden's pov :

Well, I didn't expect that. Miss Bishop turned out to be a beauty. The only problem was that she was staring at me like I was an alien who had her soup completely through a chocolate straw and then screwed up the sausages for breakfast.
"Are you all right, Miss Bishop?" I should have asked, not that I'm interested in her physical or mental health, but several people have already stared at us and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable leaning over the table with my hand outstretched until the babe in front of me can't think of motioned for me to sit down.
I'm used to women staring at me, but that's too much. What's more, I settled in comfortably and took the other menu, as she already had one. Stare, sweetheart, we have time, you'll still have to talk someday.
The waiter came and I ordered a Caprese salad, a medium roast steak with sauteed potatoes and a bottle of red wine. I looked at her, damn it, she was still in a trance, so I ordered the same for her.
"Is this some kind of trade trick?" I asked and she blinked, sweetheart, now it's up to her to start talking.

Kathleen's pov :

"Is this some kind of trade trick?" he asked, and I blinked. Damn, he doesn't remember me, my date is with him! Eureka, I found hot water ....
Now I will take a breath, because I must have turned blue and I will behave professionally.
"I'm sorry, I just confused you with someone else and was amazed at the resemblance!" smart me, how do I invent them!
Kathleen Bishop, tighten up! How many times a day do I say it to myself - too much! I cleared my throat and had to look at him again. Damn, it's still the same, now I know why Q10 creams are only for women! Much more masculine, but he hasn't lost an iota of his sex appeal.
"I'm really sorry, Mr. Jackson, I don't usually stare at people like that." I smiled crookedly, but I did. I will endure the damn meeting and I will never see him again, God forbid!
"You have nothing to apologize for, Miss Bishop, I'm used to it." but he winked at me and what arrogance! Okay, you're sexy, but so much?
I hav'to tell you something about myself. Although I often claim that my son took his stubbornness from his father, I must admit that I graduated from the Stubborn Academy with at least three degrees and I especially hate people who are arrogant with me or underestimate me. And now I was looking into the eyes of the biggest reason the bitch in me woke up. Ah, darling, you may be dizzy, but you didn't know if you thought I was going to drool on you.
Do you know why they say women are like cats? Because men don't know when we purr, when we are calm and when we will scratch their faces. And this "I'm sexy and I know it" Mr. asked me to put him in his place.
I know I know, I'm still a woman and no, I'm not in a cycle, I just often have my mood, it's hereditary!