26

Author's pov :
Wedding day

"You look beautiful, darling," smiled Kimberly, Aiden's mother, and hugged her, then straightened her veil and left her alone with her mother, who had been sitting quietly in one corner, watching her daughter and her new suitors.
"Kat ..." Kathleen prepared for another rebuke, but was determined not to let her mother's biting remarks spoil her mood. Her mother stood in front of her and grabbed her shoulders, looking at her approvingly.
"You are the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to us with your father. I know I have a habit of pressuring you, but you have become a beautiful, smart and amazing young woman who is smart, responsible and deserves only the most the good of this world. I want you to know that I love you and that I am terribly proud of you, darling! Never forget that no matter what happens, we will always be there for you! "She swallowed her tears, hugged her daughter tightly, and nodded with a smile and left, leaving her alone for a few minutes.
Kathleen stared at the closed door in amazement. She and her mother had a strange relationship, they were more friends than mother and daughter, but as her mother told her how proud she was of her, Kathleen couldn't help but feel the warmth that filled her daughter's heart.
Looking in the mirror, smoothing the folds of her wedding dress, Kathleen Bishop, the future Mrs. Jackson, thought about her past, about her life, about her mistakes, about all the right and wrong decisions in her life.
She has always been responsible, at school, at university. After that night, after drunkenly sleeping with a stranger who would now be her husband, the moment she found out she was pregnant, crying alone in the toilet at a gas station, the second she decided to keep the baby and defend his life. When Brian was born and she withdrew from social life, in the name of her son ...
Her graduation, when her friends went to celebrate, and she stayed at home, with a child in her arms and the first working day the next morning. The day her father handed over the management of Bishop's to her. The day he walked in the restaurant door and her life took a sharp turn because Aiden stubbornly didn't leave her, especially after he found out about Brian. The months she and Aiden adjusted to each other, he sold his apartment to live together, soon the house he had designed for them would be ready and they would move, after which she would sell her own apartment.
And now she stood in the back room of the huge cathedral, where she would marry the love of her life. Maybe the fairy tales really did exist, and the happy ending could still be real.
"Kathleen, it's time, darling." she looked at her father, who was sticking his head out the door, checking to see if it was comfortable for him to enter.
He opened the door wide and she took his outstretched hands as he looked at her, tears in his eyes. "I can't believe you're not my little girl anymore, you're getting married!" he said softly, and she smiled at him. "Dad, didn't we get to that stage when Brian was born?" she joked, and he shook his head. "You will always be my little girl, darling, even if you are eighty and have 10 great-grandchildren, I still remain your father!"he pressed her hands to his lips. "Let's go before Aiden drives everyone crazy. I always thought you'd be impatient at your wedding." Kathleen laughed and wrapped her arm around his as he led her outside, where her future husband nervously scanned the entrance she had to go through to become his forever.
The piano played, and Brian walked proudly in front of his grandfather and mother, with a small velvet pillow in his hands that gleamed on their wedding rings.
Kathleen stared brightly at Aiden's, who was nervously tugging at his tie, trying to calm his beating heart.
"My Kathleen, my love, my wife!" he thought, looking at the divine vision slowly approaching him, her back and head proudly straightened. He looked at his son, who winked playfully at him, something he had learned recently, and Aiden smiled even wider.
Taking her hand from her father's, he nodded respectfully, pressed her fingers lightly, and they both turned to the priest, who began to read the prayer word that would bind them before the Lord and the people.

Three years latter :
Author's pov :

"Good morning," Aiden kissed his wife on the cheek, hugging her from behind, gently embracing her already huge belly and carefully lifting it, as he had been shown in the courses, to ease at least a little of her weight. “How are my two favorite girls in this world?” he asked gently, and Kathleen snorted. "Tired! Your daughter didn't stop kicking all night!" Aiden laughed and took the wooden spoon from her hands, setting it aside. "Come here" he turned her slightly and carefully lifted her into his arms, carrying her to the second floor, where their bedroom was. "Baby, I have to make breakfast or Brian will be late for school!" he shook his head. "All you have to do is rest, love! I'll handle it and the driver will drive Brian. You don't have to do anything, you know I don't approve of loading, especially so close to your date!" Aiden scolded her gently, and she laughed, snuggling on his chest.
"I'm pregnant, baby, not disabled or sick. Nothing will happen to me if I take care of breakfast." he pushed the half-open door lightly with his foot and carried it to the bed. "I know, love, and yet, I'm worried. You may have been alone when you were pregnant with Brian and I will never forgive myself, but now I'm here and I want to pamper you as much as I can!" he put her to bed, straightening the covers around her and adjusting the pillows to make her more comfortable. "Rest, I'll take care of Brian, and as soon as I send him to school, I'll be back to check on you." he leaned down, kissing her lips tenderly. "You'll be late for work." Kathleen reminded him, and Aiden winked at her. “Why am I an owner if I can’t take a day off when I have to take care of my wife?” he winked at her and she raised an eyebrow.
"Dylan and Clinton will do without me, everything will be fine, I'll be back in a minute, and you try to sleep, right?" he kissed her again and walked to the door, but stopped and looked at her. "I love you, Kathleen Jackson!" she smiled at him and sent him an air kiss. "I love you too, my sweet mistake!" Kathleen whispered, closing her eyes dreamily, letting the fatigue overcome her.