21

Kathleen's pov :

"Would you wait here, Miss Bishop, Mr. Jackson has an appointment right now."
I nodded to his secretary and sat on the couch, waiting for Aiden's meeting to end. Why I was in his office, I wanted to invite him to lunch. My day wasn't very busy, so I hoped it wasn't his.
Life is great, isn't it? I have a wonderful son, a steady income, a roof over my head, and a man who pampers me like a queen, though I don't know why I still doubt him. Because he is a man. Given his life so far, somehow our two-month relationship seems to me like a lull in a storm. Call me paranoid, but I don't have good experience with men. Just think of Thomas, whom I also thought was great, but once he got angry, he ran into Brian and hit him in front of my eyes! And everyone before him was just ... In two words - I have no words! Well, please don't judge me too harshly.
And that's why ...
The door to his office opened and a sultry blonde came out, straightening her torn skirt, and Aiden grinned beside her, tightening his tie. He leaned down and kissed her on both cheeks. Apparently he hadn't noticed me yet, because when she got up, she hugged him and returned the kisses with "I'll see you again, darling." He nodded, grinned even more, and winked at her.
And this is the moment when I swallowed the lump of jealousy in my throat, gritted my teeth, looked at his secretary, who for some reason looked at me apologetically, nodded goodbye to her and walked to the elevator, passing Aiden and the blonde.
"Kathleen?"
Blow it, darling! Fuck you and everything, why bother when everything is just sweet talk and unfulfilled promises? He wanted a family, huh, and what will the blonde be like, a pet?
"Kathleen, wait ..."
Why is the damn elevator taking so long? Fuck, I turned to the stairs, a little exercise wouldn't hurt, especially now that I just wanted to break something. Can you guess what Aiden is doing? The bastard is chasing me! I took off my high shoes and ran downstairs. Fifteen floors to the parking lot, why not just jump between the railings, it will be faster!
And can anyone tell me why I'm crying and feeling betrayed? Come on, it's hardly a mistake, they were fixing their clothes, his secretary knows there's another connection, so she looked at me apologetically. Two plus two is four even on the other planets, right?
Why on earth is Aiden screaming like crazy? Go back to your fucking blonde! I looked to see if he was catching up and saw him two stories upstairs, so hoping he hadn't noticed me, I turned through one of the doors and entered, I think, on the eighth floor? Well, good job, now I've caught the attention of everyone who passes by me. What a sight I am, crying silently, probably with smudged make-up, shoes in my hands and out of breath like an asthmatic!
Family? Was he ready, was it time? But I'm crazy! He almost lived in my apartment! Aww, there was something to throw away and burn! Fuck! He wouldn't see me or Brian anymore! Bastard!

Author's pov :

Kathleen picked up the elevator and, walking out of the parking lot without looking back, headed straight for her car. In the dim light and with a tear-stained look, she tripped over one of the lying policemen and cursed loudly. She called Aiden by names, swearing she would never trust him or any man again. The little confidence he had built in her had evaporated the moment she saw him hug the blonde, grinning like an idiot!
"Kathleen!" she looked back and took a quick step, pulling the keys out of her car. "For God's sake, love, wait!" Aiden shouted. She slammed the door of her car and hurried to start the engine.
Aiden stood in front of the car, his hands on the hood, and Kathleen glared at him. "Go away!" she hissed, and he shook his head. "Not until you tell me why you're running away from me?" Aiden gritted his teeth stubbornly, and Kathleen pursed her lips.
As ordered for her, the blonde just stood next to Aiden, looked at Kathleen with raised eyebrows, then Aiden, who kept his eyes on Kathleen. "Is this her?" the blonde asked, and Kathleen took a sharp breath, burning with jealousy. Aiden just nodded, the blonde shook some "congratulations" and patted him on the shoulder, passing them. "Get out of the car and let's talk, love!" Kathleen gasped in anger. "Follow her, Aiden, you look great together!" he frowned in confusion. She released the accelerator, and Aiden bounced slightly, but didn't move. "Are you crazy, Kathleen, what the hell do you mean? What the hell happened to you?" he shouted and bounced again as she released the gas again.
"Fuck you, Aiden Jackson! If I see you near me or my son again, I'll call the police!" Kathleen shouted and pressed the gas, forcing Aiden to move.

Aiden's pov :

What just happened? Why Kathleen is behaving like that, what did I do, can anyone explain to me?
As I returned to my office after Kathleen left in her car, I couldn't think of anything else. What did I do, what made her so angry?
"You're a jerk, Aiden!" great, only Rebecca was missing! "Such a beautiful woman, and you are still with your ex-mistress!" she shook her head in frustration and growled at me. To me, her boss!
Wait a minute, am I still with my ex-mistress? Is that what Kathleen thought? Did she see Linda? I'm a real jerk! I had decided to surprise Kathleen and Brian and used Linda as a mediator ... How could I not remember that I would not miss it ?! Of course, at this very moment, Kathleen must appear in surprise, to see Linda, and she thought I was cheating on her! I have to explain to her before she dumps me! I picked up my things and hurried out, warning Rebecca to cancel my appointments. If I survive after all this, tomorrow will be a very busy day for me!
"Love, open the door!" I really feel stupid right now. It's like I'm involved in a scenario! At first I barely persuaded Barbara to let me into the apartment, even though I had my key, then she asked for it because Miss Kathleen had told her to, and now I'm talking through a locked door, hoping Kathleen would open it for me before Brian can come home from kindergarten so he doesn't see all the nonsense! However, she didn't answer me at all. "Come on, love, let me explain, it's not what it looks like!" I'm going to break down the door, damn it! I swear, I'll break her and make her listen to me! "Kathleen Bishop, I will enter with or without your consent!" I screamed and dropped my shoulder on the door. The hinges creaked. Ha, let's see if you won't open now?
Five minutes later I was still standing at the door! But she was really angry ... Not that I doubted she was, but I was just hoping. I rested my forehead on the door. "For God's sake, my love, open the door and let's talk, please!" the thought that she was inside and probably crying was driving me crazy!
"Please, love, give me a chance to explain, I did it for you, for us! Give me a chance, please ...." I backed away quickly. That's right, love! "Because of me? Are you kidding?" She really cried! Does the fact that I felt good because she is jealous and crying for me make me a bad person?

Author's pov :

Aiden stepped toward her, and she turned her back on him. "How please, is it my fault that you sleep with another woman?" Kathleen asked angrily, and Aiden smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I'm not sleeping with another woman, love, I wanted to surprise you, but you caught me in the act. Linda is a real estate agent. I may have slept with her once, but now I just need her professional opinion." he brushed her hair lightly and kissed her neck.
"So I'm right, you're sleeping with her!" Kathleen hissed and tried to remove his hands, but Aiden wouldn't let go. "Enough, my love, I wouldn't do it to you, I've never cheated and I have no intention of starting now, especially with you!" he sighed and turned her to face him, wiping away her tears.
"Give me time and you'll understand, love, I want everything ready before you know what I'm doing, do you agree?" Aiden smiled at her sullen face. "No!" Kathleen shook her head stubbornly, and he rolled his eyes. "Please, love, I only need a few days?"
Kathleen looked away and Aiden cupped her face, kissing her. "I assure you you'll like it. Please?" he pinched her nose gently and she pursed her lips, but nodded, still determined to give him the time he wanted.