8: Paint the town Red

Heaven knows how goddamn difficult was this chapter! Dx Never thought the murder lizard was so hard to write, BUT we're finally here with a brand new chapter!  

8

Angel took the envelope with the red wax seal, with his name on the front in a red and almost artistic lettering. The wax seal had an emblem with the Royal crest: Two antlered deers on their back hoofs like fighting for a crown between them, and a bayleaf ring around them. The package contained masculine clothing in it; a light pink shirt, black trousers and stockings with a black leather belt. However, Angel could notice the shirt was embroidered in the sleeves and over the button line with some delicate floral motifs not so noticeable at first sight, and the belt's buckle had an image of a deer with flowers on the antlers, the belt itself being clearly a feminine one. To finish the whole outfit, a shining pair of black leather ankle boots awaited over the vault, the laces tipped in gold and a little golden bead cross-laced in the front, which was a tinier version of the buckle.

-I see you liked it-said Alastor, Niffty by his side expecting. Angel remained silent for a minute before running back to the bathroom with the clothes, closing the door.-Angel?

-Don't worry, Al-said Niffty smiling so wide her cheeks hid her golden eyes.-My designs have this effect.

-I love it!-as fast as he left, Angel came back with the whole outfit on, his eyes shining with joy like saphires-Where are we going? Can I have another? Can ya teach me to do this? I love it! Where are we going?

-A stroll at the Gardens, my dear.-the blonde one growled annoyed.

-Come on, Al, it's been a week! I almost know every damn plant by name!

The first week at the Palace resumed in the dullest period in Angel's life. EVER. Including the lowest days at the mansion. 

Apparently, what Alastor meant by having a consort was nothing but strolls at the Royal Gardens -side by side since  he wasn't keen to physical contact- and awkward dinners in the heaviest silence with the Queen until she finished and left. Most of the time the prince was working, and although Angel found an outcome with the secret passages, Husk retaliated closing down many of its doors until the cat whiskers faded, almost three days later. Even dressing up lost its charm since his only audience was Fat Nuggets or maids that didn't even look him in the eyes when Niffty wasn't around. The library was out of the question since he wasn't patient enough to get to the second half of any text longer than a page. And even without the deal, his concubine status alienated him completely, so flirt around was taken away.

-Angel, you know I am a busy man...

-But you're not always busy!-retorted Angel, almost on his knees. -N' if you don't go nuts just workin' like a slave, I'll do! Come on, just a few hours after dinner!

-I...

-He's got a point -said Niffty, a soft smirk on her face while Angel pouted, puppy eyes and everything.-You and Angel should go out, get to know each other. I don't think your mother would mind. And if she does, I'll keep it a secret.

Alastor already thought about it. He always told Fawn he wanted a chance to take a closer look to their citizen's life, and in all honesty he also wanted to know Angel better, for both to feel a little less stiff around each other and make their "relationship" more believable. Alas, the only chance to talk were their strolls at the garden, and even that was awkward since there was always a servant or a soldier around, and if Alastor asked for space they never got further than a few feet.

And yes, he was getting BORED. And hell did he hated being bored. 

By the time dinner was over both were set and ready. Alastor decided not to tell his mother -he argued something about not worrying her, but Angel could read in his expression the mischief of an exciting secret- so when she left to her suite both of them gave their goodnight and awaited a few minutes before getting in motion. Alastor used the chance to disguise himself with magic, getting his skin and eyes a few tones lighter and his curls straightened, Niffty got him borrowed clothes from a servant since Husk's didn't fit him -and besides his new outfit Angel only had dresses and nightgowns.