15: Two and One

Author's note: Between the scenes of this chapter there's a gap of four days.

TW: Degrading language, physical abuse, gore (only first part)  

15

Velvet was ecstatic when the Marquis finally called her to his bedroom the night after she got rid of Cherry. So much she even made the servants doll her up -quite literally- for the ocassion, ruffles and laces and candy sweet face. By the strike of midnight Velvet was knocking at the door and getting in anyways, jumping in excitement.

-Daddy, your new favourite's here!-she cheered, but to her disapointment, she found the room empty and the lights off. Still she walked through, sitting in the bed.

Oh, how great everything was going for Velvet. Finally her only two rivals were out of the way to become the Marquis' pet; not only the finest clientele would be at her feet and the finest jewels and wardrobe would be hers to use and tear, but her beloved Valentino, the nearest thing to love she ever met -not like she even knew what love actually is- would be finally hers. 

Maybe even the servants would be hers to use and tear, too. Not like she didn't do that already, but being the favourite surely would give it a different taste. The sole idea made her flutter and muffle a scream with the pillows. 

She didn't noticed the looming shadows around her, shifting and morphing in two clawed hands, until they wrapped her in a dreadful, cold and crushing darkness, and dropped her in Vox's basement's floor from the ceiling. Her face hit the floor, fracturing her nose and making it bleed and sting.

-Hello, doll-Valentino's voice resounded in the chamber, far from her. -Change of plans. Sorry I didn't tell ya, but good ol' Vox offered to bring ya' downstairs.

Velvet looked around, finding herself in the middle of the magic cyrcle where the houngan used to make his rituals and potions, next to what looked like a bunch of stinky clothes. And speaking of the devil, Vox and Valentino were out of the cyrcle, Vox with his stupid book of spells in hand. 

-Daddy, what... what are we doing here?-Velvet sat on the floor, trying to mantain an innocent-ish fasade, batting her lashes despite the blood smeared in her face.-Am I a bad girl?

Oh how did she adore that devious smile coming at her, with that golden tooth shining like an unreachable star, and how hot it was when it turned into a frown to punish Angel and Cherry for their rebelious ways.

However, it hit different when that spiteful grimace was directed to her.

-You've got no idea, bitch -Valentino entered the cyrcle and without a warning smacked Velvet in the head with his cane.-How dare ya' kill another fucking concubine? And my next favourite, on top o' that!

Those three words stabbed her like a dagger.

-B-but, daddy, she didn't... she didn't even want it!-she retorted, completely baffled, crawling towards him in a plea, clenching to the hem of his red coat.-She didn't even want it! I've done you a favor, Cherry was planning a massive break out, and I stopped her for you!

This time the blow of the cane sent her a foot or so away. 

-Could be done without killing her, you idiot -Valentino's voice dripped venom and abhorrence.-You just fucking ruined my chances to retrieve Angel. Now I've lost both my hottest chick and my best merch, and all because of a stupid toy who thinks herself worthy of anything!

Velvet tried to stand up, but the marquis' foot over her back impeded her, head towards the bunch of clothes. Except it wasn't just a bunch of clothes, as the greenish rotting hand with dirt under the nails poking under the mortice showed her.