Meeting the in-laws

The next day, Jimin woke up early and prepared for his visit to JK's grandfather. He released most of his tension by baking a cake for the elder Jeon.

Around 9:00 AM, he took a bath and chose clothes from his extensive closet. But he decided to wear his clothes. He felt that since it was his first time to meet JK's hal-abeoji, he needs to be sincere and be himself, not a soon-to-be husband of a CEO.

At exactly 10:00 AM, Jungkook arrived. He was surprised to see Jimin wearing his old clothes but did not care much because, for him, Jimin looks good in anything. Even if he is wearing rags, he will still stand out.

"Ready, my angel?" JK asked Jimin.

Jimin's heart began to sing. He called me an angel. He noticed that Jungkook was still waiting for his reply, so he smiled and nodded.

They arrived at the elder Jeon's house in no time. Jimin looks so nervous, so JK holds his hand.

Jimin's POV:

Awwww, he is so sweet. Do not fall too much, JM. This is just a show.

Jungkook's POV:

Smooth Jeon, grab your chance to comfort him.  Before getting out of the car, JK explained, "Aside from my grandfather, you will also meet my secretary and confidante, Hobi hyung."

Jimin nodded and smiled in response.

Jungkook was taken aback by the beautiful creature beside him. He fought the urge to lock Jimin in his arms and kissed him.

The elder Jeon warmly welcome them. "You must be the man on the rooftop. My grandson spent so much time looking at you during lunch break."

"Have you been spying on me again, hal-abeoji?" Jungkook asked.

"Of course not, just asking your whereabouts to your secretary," Grandpa Jeon answered, and he winked at Jimin.

Jimin was moved by the elder's action.  He can't help but smile, he then gave the cake he baked to grandpa Jeon as a present.

"Nice meeting you, sir. This is for you.  I hope you will like it." Jimin sincerely greeted.

"Now I understand why my grandson is so smitten with you," he smiled. "Is it true that you were sacked by your supervisor yesterday?" He inquired.

Jungkook tried to answer, but Jimin gently stopped him. "It was my fault, sir. I neglected my work, and my attendance was abysmal." Jimin confessed.

"That was because you took care of your ailing mom, there's nothing to worry about. I will do the same if I am in your position." The elder Jeon answered.

Jimin fights back the tears that were about to fall," Thank you, sir, for understanding." He replied.

"Don't you think you are too formal? You will be my grandson by tomorrow," hal-abeoji smiled and hugged Jimin.

The rest of the day was filled with the discussion of tomorrow's wedding.

Later that day, Jimin shyly asked "JK, may I request something?" 

"Yes, sweetie? What is it?"

"Can my best friend Tae attend the ceremony?"

"What about your other friends and relatives?"

"I have no one but Taehyung," "and you, if only you love me", Jimin thought.

"You have me, angel, always," Jungkook answered and offered a hug which Jimin took without hesitation.

As Jimin was about to go down the car, JK held his hand and whispered, "I have a surprise for you, angel.  Kindly wait for my surprise tonight."

"A surprise? But you gave me more than enough," Jimin answered.

"Angel, you deserve the best. Goodnight sweetie, and dream of me soon to be Jeon Jimin."

Jimin blushed, "Thank you, soon-to-be husband." And he hurriedly went out of the car.