Fighter

-Dominic's POV-

"I told you, I'm not training you, Prince." 

"But Dominic!" 

I sighed and put down some paperwork. "Shouldn't you be out in the ring? The fights are almost over you know, and everyone loves the last man standing,"

"I'm injured-" I knew that of course, but at this point, I was trying to use anything to get him to stop asking. Besides,

"That never stopped me," I answered which shut him up, causing a smug look to appear on my face. 

"She'd have broken ribs one night and go out to break her jaw the next, come back when both your arms and legs aren't in work," Xavier then says, coming up from behind me to look down at Prince. 

Prince had a lot of potential, so we let him in. I could see his strength, I could see his dedication and his persistence, he reminded me of Xavier in some ways, so when he asked to join our street fights, I was happy to let him do so. We needed excitement in this bar again, someone for people to cheer for which we didn't have for a while. Prince was young, and he was already doing well so this benefited both of us. 

However, when it comes to training, I left that for Blake to do, although Prince asked me relentlessly. He was strong but he wasn't strong enough to motivate me. There was something about him that deterred me completely too. I wasn't sure what it was but I trusted my senses more than anything else, so I kept my distance, just that bit. 

I watched his back as he left my office, my distrust lingering in the air. I didn't focus on it for long though, noticing the time, and knowing I had to get home soon. 

"I'll close the ring, mind doing the offices?" I asked Xavier, standing up and starting to walk out. 

"Still making this old man do your chores?" He asks back and I chuckle,

"You're only ten years older than me, don't put us so close to death like that," I fake frown and he laughs at me which makes me smile and carry on with my duties. 

After locking down the basement, we both walked around the back, waiting for Blake to arrive to pick me up as he usually did. The night was a calm one, with only the sound of the occasional car there to keep it from being completely silent. 

"You don't miss it?" Xavier then asks me, the voice in a serious tone which was rare for him. 

I glanced up at him before looking out at the road again "You know I do." We both did, it ached to see all these fighters night in, night out. To announce instead of being announced. To declare instead of being declared. 

"We really are getting old, huh?" I joked and he chuckled back.

"Reminiscing on the old times already," 

Our silence after the comment was broken by the sound of Blake's car making its way toward us. Blake got out, making me grin which he reflected back at me. He hadn't done so in the past few weeks so it must have meant that Amelia spoke to him today. I was glad and relieved about that. 

The men spoke between themselves but I was too tired to pay attention to any of it. 

Eventually, under Blake's arm, we bid Xavier goodnight and walked towards the car, starting to make our way home. 

"You don't seem to have gotten mixed into any trouble tonight," Blake says scanning my face which hadn't gotten any new scars like I sometimes would. He held one hand on the steering wheel of his car while the other was intertwined with my own. A gesture which was normal now but I still found it insanely sweet. 

"Unfortunately." I finish off which causes us both to laugh. 

It didn't take long to get home, although it was around 5 AM now. As we walked into our home, I asked Blake, "Is Amelia asleep?" In response, he motions forward so I turned to see Amelia standing by the stairway, her eyes reflecting the colour of mine but there was something worrying within them. "Is everything okay?" 

It wasn't unusual for Amelia to be awake so late but I recognised the dedicated look Amelia had in her eyes, dedicated and dangerous which is what worried me. 

"Mother," she started before taking a breath, unease made me curl my fists, tension rising around us. 

"Who's the Mysterious Demon?" 

Her question made my breath hitch. From beside me, I could feel Blake tense too, letting me know it wasn't him who had mentioned the name to her either. 

"Where did you hear that name?" I asked carefully, although the emotions spiralling within me made me want to burst. 

"It doesn't matter! Who is she?" She asks back, her own emotions much stronger. I could tell by how her eyes were tearing up that this must have bothered her for a long time and in that moment, seeing that pain, the only thought that made its way into my head was,

'I should have told her the truth sooner.'

I looked up at Blake and he turned to me too, confirming my choice: it was time. 

Looking back at Amelia, I told her,

"A street fighter, from a long," I stopped myself before my voice could tremble. Closing my eyes, I thought back to all the memories I had with that name, the light, the achievement, the strength, the danger, the years and years of struggle and happiness. Opening my eyes again and looking back up at her, "Long time ago," I finished. 

"She fought at our bar?" 

"Yes,"

"And they still do-,"

"Yes,"

"And she is?" Her voice was quiet now, almost afraid of the answer. 

"Me." 

Her eyes looked at me with a mix of fear and disgust, "You murderer." I stayed silent after her comment, unable to bring myself to answer. 

She was right though. 

Blake must have read by discomfort and took my hand in his own giving it a reassuring squeeze. "She wasn't the only one," he then says, catching us both off guard. I looked up at him in shock but he kept looking straight at her. I knew why he did it though, to tell me I wasn't alone. 

Amelia grit her teeth as tears streamed down her face, "How many others?" 

"We-" Blake tried to speak but before he could,

"How many other murderers do we have in our family?!" 

We both stood quiet at her question. We didn't know how to tell her. How to tell her it was,

All of them. 

She seemed to read it in our faces though. Causing her to break down by the stairway, and fall to her knees. 

Instinctively, I ran up to her, wanting nothing but to comfort her and surprisingly, she let me hold her. "I'm sorry," I apologise, listening to her cries which pain me dearly. 

Blake slowly kneeled down beside us, taking one of her hands in his own before looking at me, there was more she needed to know, we both understood that so he carefully says something which causes Amelia's breath to halt for a second, 

"There's more we need to tell you."