Truce

"Can I be the one to shoot him?" 

Two men crouched on a ceiling, using the setting sun which shone from behind them as a disguise as they peered down the sunroof of the building. 

"Hell no, this is my moment!" One whisper/shouted at the other, causing him to roll his eyes. 

They had one sniper rifle between them, one sentence of instruction given, one target. 

"This isn't fair, you know how long it's been since I've shot a gun?" 

"Exactly! You're out of practice and this is something we can't fuck up. Now watch, he's going to be like, 'you have one week!'" 

They slid the sunroof window open gently, ensuring they didn't make a sound and thankful that the ceiling was high enough that it was unnoticed but not far enough away to prevent them from hearing Micheal Fowkes, the leader of the wealthiest street fighting organisers shout, 

"You have one week!" 

The one hidden man looked to the other, his face- although mostly covered- screaming, 'I told you so,' as they continued to listen. 

"I want Prince to disappear. Like hell will I let the Lucifers gain another victory from us! NOW SCRAM!" 

As much as the two tried to stifle their laughter at Micheal's choice of wording, Micheal's two other members with him didn't have the luxury of feeling anything but fear. They turned around, ready to complete their orders when suddenly,

BANG.

They looked back to see the body and blood of Micheal Fowkes who was the leader of the wealthiest street fighting organisers, spread all across the floor. 

"And that is how it's done."

"Oh shut the fuck up, let's get out of here!"

-Prince-

"So? What did you say?" 

Amelia and I were sitting on her couch, my arm around her, enjoying her scent as she snuggled in closer to my chest. We were supposed to be watching a movie but at some point, we muted it as we conversed, losing ourselves in our talk. 

I was telling her about what happened between Francis and me after the encounter I had with Isabella. In fact, if there was anyone I'd want to tell about these events, it could have only been her. 

I thought back to my response to Francis as I answered her, "I told him that I wanted my family back too. But as much as that's the case, we can't ignore that there's some resentment still here and we should take our time to come to terms with that before I go in to play fight him," 

I didn't realise I had unconsciously zoned into the TV to look away from Amelia and I didn't look back at her until I heard her chuckle. 

I loved her face, her expressions and how gentle they were. 

"Wow, a mature response coming from you? I almost can't believe it!" I let my face deadpan at her reply. 

"I'm gonna kill you," She stuck her tongue out to taunt me, knowing I couldn't harm her even if I wanted to. 

Regardless, I leaned in, acting as if I was going to bite her tongue, making her retract it quickly, but I took that chance to bite something else instead. 

I gently held her lower lip between my teeth as my arms positioned her more comfortably towards me before I pushed my lips against hers. I had plans spiralling around in my mind as I deepened our kiss. I wanted to get started, I wanted to feel her closer to me than she already was but-