Let's Dance

-Amelia's POV-

"Oo, I like the gold one,"

I jumped at the sudden commentary.

"Prince! What're you doing here?" I asked through grit teeth, hoping he didn't catch the momentary fear for my life that I had experienced. The smirk on his face though told me otherwise.

"Why, checking up on my Princess, of course," He replies before lazily walking to my bed before belly flopping onto it.

I raised a brow through my mirror in amusement, ignoring his comment, "Is training with Xavier that tough?" I ask and he gives me a tired laugh,

"It'll never be anything I can't handle. So, what's up with the dresses?" I look at the two dresses he was asking back about. One blue and one gold, although now the gold looked more enticing.

"It's the annual council's ball at school and Katie's making me go so I was wondering what I was going to wear,"

"Oh, it's time for that thing again?" I turned to him this time, his expression didn't look too interested in the idea of it which caught my curiosity, "I was always suspended from going after my first year," He chuckled. He then patted the place next to him, "Lay with me?"

I almost gave in to his pleading eyes but I just shook my head which made him pout sadly, "You could be my date to the ball though," I joked but it made him sit up instantly,

"Really?" And although it was meant to be a joke, his reaction to it persuaded me.

"Really."

He grinned at my answer, standing with newfound energy and walked behind me as we both turned to the dresses again. "Then definitely wear the gold one," He whispers in my ear, making my hairs stand in excitement at his closeness to me.

"Isn't it a bit too much for a school dance?" I ask genuinely this time, looking over the giant leg slit, open back and slightly plunging neckline but it just makes him move even closer to me, hands on my waist now as he answers,

"'Too much' is exactly what I want to see you in,"

Before I could get affected by his whispers of sweet nothings, I turned to face his chest, teasing a hand up his chest to hold his neck softly as I say into his ear,

"Then be sure not to be late tomorrow,"

Looking into his eyes, I was satisfied at the hungry breath of air I heard him inhale.

---

Opening the door, I had my breath taken away as Prince stood there with a bouquet of flowers in a suit I could have sworn no one else could look better in.

He didn't speak first either, his own eyes scanned me and for a moment he made me feel like I was the Mona Lisa, as stupid of a thought as that was.

"God, you're beautiful," I heard him mumble which made me quickly look away before he could see the heat rising to my face.

"You should wear a suit more often," I comment as I open the door wider, inviting him in.

I watch as he smirks at me with his cocky nature on show all over again. "I would with you on my arm, any day."

I hum as if asking, 'oh, really?' while moving closer to him, hands on the flowers but not quite taking them from him yet. "This might be a little problem though," I say, running a finger over a new bruise on the side of his jaw.

"Ah," he says, a little pained reaction coming back at me for touching, "I'm sorry about that, although I'd be glad to say it came from us getting a bit too freaky if anyone asks," I hold in a laugh from his wiggling eyebrows and lightly hit his arm,