Our Moment

-Amelia's POV-

"Is this really necessary, Francis?"

Francis had dragged us outside of the hall so we didn't bring any more attention to ourselves so now we were standing away from everyone with nothing to shield us from his anger.

I could tell Prince was trying his hardest to act nonchalantly about the whole situation but Francis was making it hard for both of us.

"Why're you here, Prince?" Francis asks, indirectly answering Prince's question.

"I'm someone's date, clearly," Prince jokes back and although I wanted to react to his attempt at comedy, I wasn't going to ignore Francis' worry, so I didn't. Isabella wasn't so keen on hiding her feelings though and let out a scoff from behind Francis.

I would have preferred if she wasn't included in all of this but I wasn't about to make a whole other situation out of it because I knew that if Francis couldn't get to Prince, he was going to turn to me and I wasn't about to make it any harder than it already was.

"And that person just happened to be Amelia," Francis continued. There was an undertone there that I wasn't really comfortable with. Why was he so defensive on my account anyway? Whatever he may or may not have felt about me before should be buried by now, he had the girl he wanted right beside him after all.

Prince seemed to have caught up on what I was thinking about because he gave Francis a look as if asking him if he was serious. Francis' angry look didn't falter though. "Look, Francis," Prince started after letting out another sigh, "I'm just trying to enjoy my night, I'm not interested in your date, I'm here to make sure mine has a great time. So what's the problem?"

I watched Isabella roll her eyes at the mention of me being his date which made me even more uncomfortable, knowing what went between them already. I couldn't trust her and I just wanted out of this already, I wanted her away from Prince before anything could go wrong again, as selfish as that was for me to think.

Francis' anger seemed to flair at Prince's comment though and just as I had expected, he turned to me, "Really? He used you once and you're just going to give yourself up to him again?" I told myself not to let any of this bother me but what he said got to me, as if he had the right to say anything about me.

Prince turned back at me to watch for my reaction but I hadn't had the opportunity to think about him at that moment. "And you have the nerve to be angry at that?"

"Come on Amelia-"

"Were you a better choice at any point? The guy who wanted to use me the same way he thought his brother was just to get some revenge? And if you hadn't noticed, you got your girl back, so, again, what exactly are you angry about?" I was a fraction away from shouting at him because betrayal was hard to hide.

It was then that I noticed Prince again, watching his face look at me with confusion before my words sunk in and he looked at his brother with another emotion this time, no longer being able to be unbothered.

"Real mature, brother," Prince said and that seemed to be enough to get him to let this go now. He took Isabella's hand and they walked back into the hall, leaving us out here in small silence.

"Please don't tell me he told you about-" Prince's voice was a lot smaller now, maybe it was embarrassment or defeat, either way, it was cute.

"-Your crush on me? Yep," I say casually as I look up into the sky, trying to hide my little grin as he shakes his head with a groan, yeah he was embarrassed.

I closed my eyes to enjoy the faint wind that crept up on us when I suddenly feel his arms around my waist from behind. I moved my head slightly to see him leaning his own head on my shoulder.