To New Beginnings (Finale Part 2)

"You're not joining us?" 

"First of all," he started, walking with the girl, possibly more confidently than he should be, "I'm surprised you're even here," The girl with him rolled her eyes as if the answer to that was an obvious one. 

"And secondly, I'm fifty-fucking-six, give this old man a break; I get enough of a fight back home with my girlfriend," He groaned about it but everyone knew that he was glad for every year he had with those around him and that the life he had was a life he would never exchange for another. He has gotten to grow with those he loved and watch the younger versions of them grow up after that, all strong in ways that no other group could say they are. 

-That was all a bit too mushy for him to explain though. 

"I thought the 50s were the best time of your life!" 

He sighed in an attempt to hide his amusement at her enthusiasm, sure that if any sane person were in her position, they would have been freaking out at this point. But no, she was different, she must have inherited her insanity from her mother. 

"You sure you're ready for this?"

She grinned back at him before she answered,

"Of course, I'm a Lucifer aren't I?"

--------------

 -Prince- 

"I've been thinking," I start my chatter once again as Isabella huffs in exhaustion in front of me. If I was being honest, watching her being this tired whilst trying to beat me up as I was tied down was quite an ego boost. 

I could tell she was glaring at me but I carried on as if I hadn't noticed. "This whole, kidnap, fail, try again but on a different person -thing is pretty repetitive, no?" It didn't make it any less of a scary thing to go through but given it was Isabella who was my kidnapper this time, it gave me the chance to look through the events of the past year in a different light. "I mean if I was reading this in a novel or something, I might get a little bored," 

"Then maybe it's time to end this boring little life of yours," Her words would have held more weight if I hadn't just watched her fail to cause me pain for the last two hours but nonetheless, her father was a gang leader, she must have his men ready at her disposal at any time and this could just be her way of biding time until they were ready to really end me. 

That was my train of thought until I watched her go towards a briefcase she had been storing away this whole time. "Beating you up was a good way of relieving the anger I had about my father's death, I guess I owe you for that one, and I think I get why you do this whole streetfighter thing now, wouldn't want you beating Amelia as a substitute-oh actually that doesn't seem like too bad of an idea," 

I furrowed my eyebrows at her words, that image being the last thing I wanted to imagine, as unrealistic as it was. I wasn't a streetfighter to release any anger, I was a streetfighter to gain the strength to fight through life, to gain the respect I couldn't get through my family, to support myself and those I loved. 

"I assure you, Amelia and I release our tension some other way," I smirked, hoping that would provoke something else in her but this time she was focused on the briefcase which started to make me worry, the smirk slowly fading as she opened it, revealing two syringes. 

"My father was all about causing as much pain to his victims as possible." She begins, taking one of the syringes out, "I'm going to make you suffer from the inside out until you beg me to end your life and then," she motions towards the other syringe, "that'll do exactly that." 

She walked closer to me with the syringe in hand. I struggled against my constraints, trying to get as far from her as possible. I could tell the ropes had started to whither but it wasn't enough for me to break out yet. Her grin widened seeing my fear, grabbing my arm, she left no room for me to say anything to her before she jabbed the syringe in me.