Burn

-Amelia's POV-

"Go!"

My father and I had been running through the corridors of this building, gunshots and shouts echoing around us. I had no idea what was going on so I just took my father's instructions and tried my best to run to freedom. 

There was no doubt that the pain and exhaustion in my body were slowing me down but in desperation for my freedom, I ran. 

It wasn't until I finally entered a light room that all of my pain caught up to me, adrenalin no longer supporting me. 

I was about to collapse and got ready to hit the floor, knowing that my father was too far behind me to catch me but I landed in a pair of arms anyway. 

Looking up, I see another face I was so glad to see. 

"Mother," I say weakly and she lets out a sigh in what seemed like relief before hugging me tightly. 

"I'm so glad you're okay," She whispers. 

Father caught up to us before she let me go and turns to him, a completely different aura surrounding her now. "The third sequence is in place, go!" I was too tired to make sense of anything but my father nodded and took me in his arms before starting to head out. 

I expected my mother to follow us but she didn't and that worried me, "She's not following," I tell him but he doesn't respond, "Father we have to go back for mother!" I order louder but he shakes his head. 

"I'm taking you to safety first," He says but I couldn't just let him leave her. 

I turned back to call for my mother but when I turn back to look at my mother, she was already surrounded by a group of men holding knives in preparation to attack. 

"Mother!" I yelled in panic and struggled against my father who also looked back but carried on forward anyway. 

A fight started out and my fear grew for her until I had seen a side of her I had never seen. 

-Dominic's POV-

"Mother!" I heard Amelia shout from a safe distance away, catching the men's attention away for a moment but at that moment, I was just glad my back was faced towards Amelia because I was sure the grin on my face would have scared her. 

This was the part that I had been impatiently waiting for these last few days and now that Amelia was back and safe, there was nothing holding me back. 

"So you did turn up, the boss will be glad," One of them said making me laugh out loud. 

He came up to me, swinging his knife but as I caught his wrist, "I'm sure he was before Nick killed him," I say which catches him off guard allowing me to drive a kick into his ribs. 

The other guys started coming at me all at once too but I was having too much fun for any of their attacks to land on me. I'm sure I broke a jaw and a leg somewhere within the fight and I was in the middle of almost tearing one of their arms off when I got the signal from our radio that it was time to leave. 

I wasn't happy leaving them alive though, not after what they had done so, as I threw the man towards his friends, I took out a pin I had seen in his pocket and put it in my mouth, turning in time for the grenade to go off, their screams being the last thing to fill my ears. I had hoped that I would remember that satisfaction for as long as I lived. 

Walking back to our meet-up spot, I saw the others had made it there already. 

We had spent time planning this excessively, not just to make sure it would all result in our victory but to make sure it would go as smoothly as possible for Amelia too. We were painfully aware of how much this would affect her and we wanted to limit that as much as possible. Blake was able to protect her and take her on a clear route because we all designed it that way. 

We had everything spread around the building, no one would be coming out unless we knew about it and those who did were killed on sight. I wasn't exaggerating when I said Nick had killed their leader either. He had personally made sure that no one would ever challenge him or his men ever again. Hoping that none of this would meet our children's eyes after this. 

Nick greeted me when he saw me and gave me the results and how we would have to leave soon if we wanted to go undetected. 

"What's that in your mouth?" He asks, making me smirk,

"A momento," I tell him and he was going to ask something else when suddenly Jason ran up to us. 

"Amelia needs to be taken to the hospital," he informed us which brought me back to reality again. Nick nodded, just as worried as I was now and we quickly took her to get treated. 

Although she had no life-threatening injuries, she was starved and beaten and that was taking its toll. 

I quickly rushed to the car she was in to see her lying against Blake who held her protectively. 

"How is she?" I asked and he sighed,

"She has no energy. Just like Liam, she's going in and out of consciousness. I gave her something to eat and some water but it'll be a while before she recovers."

I grit my teeth before allowing myself to hold her hand. We were going to make sure she got better, no matter what.

As I thought about that though, her hand suddenly twitched in my own, making me look at her face. 

Her eyes opened a little and when she saw me next to her, she gave me a weak smile.  

"You were so cool," She tells me before her eyes closed again. Blake chuckled from next to her and told me,

"She had seen the whole thing," 

"you mean-" 

He nodded positively. 

"I think she said something about having a new inspiration to start training again," 

I ended up laughing lightly. It seemed like maybe I was worrying a little too much. 

I looked back at the rest of our group. We were all still on guard but you could see a sense of enjoyment in the air. We were all brought back to our past and maybe we were all psychos of some kind but we loved every second of it. It almost felt like a family game now that I look back on it which makes me chuckle. 

Insanity ran through our blood.