Deceived

-Amelia's POV-

"Don't answer now, have some time to think about it," My mother continues with Prince before walking past the two boys and motioning for me to walk a few steps away with her. We could still see Prince and Francis, both of them giving each other a heartfelt hug which I was sure they hadn't done in years.

I couldn't hear what they were saying from where I was standing but I was happy to give them the privacy they needed. I had heard bits and pieces of their argument when I was back at Francis' house, a long hatred fuelled by Prince's actions, actions I would have believed his defences for if it wasn't for what he had told me earlier.

"Amelia," I shook internally, the intimidating rays I seemed to feel from my mother making me forget everything I was thinking about or any excuse I was about to tell her when she came back.

I looked up at my mother to see her eyes already looking down at me. We should have been the same height by now but I still felt so small.

"I'm sorry," I begin but before I continue, she shakes her head.

"It's never been something I wanted you to get used to or learn. I even regret Hiyori having the habit. I'm sorry you had to experience this."

I shook my head at her which made her give me a gentle smile. "It would have been helpful if you did the first-aid on Prince though," she nudged jokingly but I knew what she could have said, I heard it when she was giving me her instruction, 'Don't disobey me.' And although the tone of voice was instinctive, I knew it was my responsibility and told myself that if I had to do this again, I'd make my mother proud.

At this point, it seemed Prince and Francis had finished talking and just as Francis started walking toward me, my mother walked back to Prince. I tensed slightly, remembering his words and his anger towards me and my family. Wherever that anger came from, he must have hidden it well because when my mother swung an arm around his shoulder and started walking away with him, he didn't seem to want to pull away or get far from her. In fact, I thought I had seen a smile on his face but I couldn't be too sure. The further they got, the more tears started to well in my eyes.

"Your mother's the Mysterious Demon?! Do you know how crazy that is-" Francis was saying excitedly as he made his way to me but seemed to suddenly stop when he saw my expression as I watched Prince walk away.

"Amelia?" He asked, softly putting a hand on my shoulder but as soon as Prince was out of sight, all the strength I had used to keep myself standing disappeared. My knees collapsed and my whole body fell almost as fast as my tears did.

I had hardly felt Francis' arms around me, I could barely hear his worrying questions over my sobs. I just felt broken and disgusting. I didn't want to think about how my body had been touched, how I let him, how I was begging for him. I was disgusted with myself and it made me break down further.

At some point it seemed that Francis had carried me into one of our guest rooms, I had never had the chance of showing him around before so I didn't expect him to have taken me to my room. I was grateful for this though, the last thing I wanted was for my mother to see me like this.

"Shh," Francis gently shushed as he wiped some of my tears away with his thumb. I flinched at his touch when I realised, partly pausing my tears which made him retract too. I didn't want to be touched. Not by him nor his brother. Yet, in this state, I didn't want to be rude either, I didn't have the strength to be. He seemed to see the regret in my eyes and he sighed sadly.

"You found out?" He asked

"I hate that I care," I tell him, not wanting to admit how intimate his brother and I had gotten. "Why are you both like this?" I blurted out and I don't realise how hurtful it is until I see the sadness in his eyes.