2: A Flaming Encounter

I do not condone nor advertise self-harm. This story may start off as very depressing and triggering, but that doesn't mean that I'm encouraging readers to copy what Reader is doing.

Reminder to you all that this is a fictional story. The Reader here has a power, while the real-life 'you' don't. That's why you shouldn't copy what the Reader is doing. If you wish to be comforted, then let this fiction comfort you. Don't attempt what Reader has attempted. You and your body matter more than anything else in this entire world.

Thank you for listening.

warnings: descriptions of death, burning, multiple suicide thoughts, and spoilers for Dabi's identity and past

╒═══════════════════╕

Fire does not care for its
disappearance.

╘═══════════════════╛

You still have those moments where it felt like all of your deaths just happened earlier ago.

Your neck would hurt, and you would slump on the sink and hope you vomit out that lump in your throat. You would lay on the bathroom floor unmoving and silent, and you'd watch, by the mirror, how underneath your baggy eyes held the fear of death.

No.. maybe it wasn't death that you feared.

It was pain.

You were afraid that your aim would miss your neck because you trembled at the wrong time. You were afraid that the wound— the torture— would be longer. You were terrified of the agony that you needed to feel just to use your Quirk.

You have to die, you reminded yourself every day.

But do you really have to die in such a painful way?

You almost gave up a couple of times.

You hid under your own arms for days, crying and wishing someone would help you. You spent more days staring at the ceiling or outside the lifeless window, hoping for change to start even if you didn't do anything. You craved the end of this torturous cycle.

Then, in a moment of weakness, you thought that maybe you can just... let your tragic life continue on instead of feeling this pain. Instead of turning back time, maybe you can just stay here.

But you and the whole world were suffering, while the one who deserved to get their karma was out there living lavishly in his throne.

How can you continue living in that unfair life?

No matter how long it took to get up, you grasped onto that bitter emotion. You placed it all within your hands and ended your life, until the world returned eight hours before.

It's a shame no one will know how much you've suffered. Even if you say that you didn't do it for you to gain acknowledgment and praise, you were still human. You wanted people to know. You wanted to confide in someone. You wanted your efforts to be seen. But heroes of frozen times can never be seen.

『••✎••』

You decided to take a stroll on the midnight of your return.

Hands in the pockets of your thick jacket, you walked through the flickering lights, the dark road, and the silence of the night.