6: The Truth Lies in Fiction

notes: i know i put most of my notes at the end of the chapters but yall im a dumbass. LOOK AT THIS FANART OF SEN AND MC AHHH!! I AM FANBOYING SO HARD THEY LOOK SO PERFECT 😭

Fanart is done by Ixtivo in Quotev, please check out the Quotev fic for the profile's link to give them the proper support and thanks! They look so pretty together I had to slap myself to remember that I made a various x reader and not a Sen x Reader fic 😭 It hurts me so much- I love it!!

╒═══════════════════╕

sometimes, a small
bit of the truth is hidden
in the texts.

╘═══════════════════╛

You dislike exercises.

No, dislike is a mild word to explain it. You abhor exercises; you loathe the feeling of moving around.

If you were given the chance to drink poison that makes you die slowly versus waking up early to exercise, you'd rather choose the poison.

The first option would make you lie down in bed and be sick until you die, but if you exercised, you would have to continue moving every single day so that your body adjusts to the new routine you've started.

Basically, poison was quick while exercise needed to be consistent.

You had to admit, despite being starved and injured at every moment, you were in good shape back then. When you had humans who chased after you at every waking moment, of course you'll end up pushing yourself to your limit.

But that was your future body. Right now, you were unhealthy. You were a hermit during this year, and you rarely did taxing activities.

Until now.

You flipped on your back, tightly closing your eyes and placing an arm over your forehead. A silhouette loomed over you, with a gentle familiar voice shouting at you about something. But—

"Give me... five minutes..." you huffed, your heavy breathing was the only thing you could hear right now. "I can't handle... this.. at the moment—" You felt something crawl out of your mouth. "Oh god. I think I'm going to throw up."

The moment you said those words, the silhouette pushed you to the side. Instead of laying on your back, you were now laying on your left side. "I- I think we should take a break for now. I'll go get you some water."

You didn't need to look for you to know it was Kaibara who ran to get you some water.

Ah, were you wondering what's happening? Well, it's pretty simple to explain.

You were training with Kaibara Sen.

You had a realization a few days after the ramen situation with him.

After class, the boy was looking for his notes. Turns out he ended up placing it in the building opposite your classroom's building. And he needed those notes ASAP, since it carried his slip for UA in it.

Kaibara was about to run around the school to look for it, but a couple of teachers were looking for his help since he offered a hand in cleaning duties for his extensive training. At that moment, he had to choose: his promise to his teachers, or his promising future and his papers?

It was a tough situation for him, so you helped him out.

It took Kaibara a whole lot of convincing because (A), he said you were still resting after the whole Tsukiko situation, and (B), your middle school has a lot of fucking stairs. If you even try to run around without knowing where to go, you'll only end up losing your breath.