39: Just Act Normal

╒═══════════════════╕

And once the storm is over, you won't remember
how you managed to survive.

╘═══════════════════╛

You were ready to end your day, to be honest. The night had approached already and you finished spitting out your thoughts and recommendations for Yaoyorozu since she's at the end of the class list. The only thing you needed to do was go to bed and sleep.

Simple and easy, right?

Of course nothing is simple and easy to you.

The moment you sat on the edge of your bed, your phone decided to ring.

You reached for it almost instantaneously. The only one who usually messaged at this hour is either Hitoshi or Midoriya, and their reasons are always class related. You don't want to leave their messages unseen if that's the case.

But the name that displayed on your screen made your soul jolt out of your body.

[Inasa 🍃]

Thanks ! ! You stay hot-blooded in your dreams, too ! ! !

— you reacted "Love" to this message

Last seen: 3月29日, 18 days ago

[Inasa 🍃] 1:37am

I'm in Hosu! ! !

What?

You squinted at your phone, trying to see if what you just saw was true or a hallucination from your exhaustion. But no, it was still there: the name that took you by a whirlwind at that time.

Inasa is at Hosu at this hour? It's literally midnight, and wasn't he at least 4 hours away from this place?

Clicking on his new message, you saw how you barely exchanged messages with Inasa. He'd given you this number to stay in contact with him, and just like Tsunotori, you did stay in contact. But the world didn't give you a single break. At least, not enough to continue your chitchats with the boy.

It's not as if you'd forgotten him but you're pretty sure he forgot you.

He lives across from your place, plus doesn't Shiketsu match UA's intensity in training? If the hero students in your school were already feeling tired, then why would the Shiketsu students be any different? Inasa would definitely end up forgetting you throughout their intense training.

But here he was, messaging you during midnight that he was near your home.

So without you even realizing it, you already clicked on the call button.

The answer was instantaneous.

"Inasa—?"

"[Oh? You're still awake!]"

You closed your eyes, letting yourself adjust to the sudden sound on your ears. Earlier it was silent as you had the day all to yourself. Now, a familiar booming voice filled the void.

"I was doing homework," you answered, adjusting your hold on the phone. "What are you doing in Hosu at this hour?"

"[I visited my parents today. But then I got too caught up with a few things and lost track of time!]" Inasa explained, but it didn't make you any less worried for him. "[Then I remembered I was near your place, so I wanted to tell you about it. Hope I didn't wake you up!]"