12: Be Kind Please, Shiketsu High!

warnings: some fluff, and a little bit of triggering comments about gender (not at MC). 

╒═══════════════════╕

What do you do when everything
goes against you?

╘═══════════════════╛

"I got disqualified for UA."

"Tell me you're joking."

You wish you were, was what your stare said as you silently slurped on your ramen.

The moment you bumped into Shinso, you immediately locked your target and dragged him to a place that sold cheap-but-tasty ramen. This boy had been ignoring you for days, and to say that you were hurt would be an understatement. It's not a problem for you if it was Momoto or the others, but your new friends? And your future hero, even? There's no way you'll let him ignore you for that long ever again.

That's why here you sat, on a stool next to him, eating ramen and telling him you got kicked out of UA before you were even enrolled in it.

The ramen shop was a bit silent. The only customers were you, Shinso, and another couple by the edge of the stool. This wasn't the best shop to be eating in since people didn't like the taste of the noodles, but you enjoyed it a lot.

The owners wanted to cry when you showed up one day and started eating so enthusiastically. And when you brought Shinso here, telling the owners you wanted two ramen for two people, they immediately started to tear up. Shinso was taken aback by their passion, but you were used to it.

Now, the two of you sat together in an uncomfortable silence as the ramen noodles steamed in front of you.

"How... how exactly did you get disqualified..?" Shinso didn't understand. He thought you were just joking around with him, and at first, he was annoyed by your unfunny joke.

But were you the type to joke something in a bad taste? He didn't think so. Though if you keep this up, he'll have no choice but to think you're truly making fun of him—

"It's really complicated, but basically I was too crazy 'cause of my Quirk's drawback, and now they don't want me in the Heroics course." 

Shinsou stared with deadpanned eyes. "You're not that crazy," he said with assurance. Compared to a blond guy who almost brought the entire arena in explosions, you were sane and tamed, even.

"Right? I'm definitely more sane than other people in the exams." Even saner than the principal himself, but of course you'll keep that comment to yourself. It was a secret that you've met with Nezu after all.

He glanced at your ramen, seeing how you're almost done while his are still.. there. He turned his attention to his food and asked, "Are you really disqualified? I don't think that would be enough of a reason to be disqualified. Plus, weren't you the highest person on the board? UA would be pretty stupid if they disqualified you after showing us the rankings."

"Right? It's so idiotic that I can't even comment on it anymore." Turning to the boy beside you, you motioned with your head. "Aren't you going to eat? If you wanted something cold you should have told me. I know a shop where they sell cheap but really good cold soba."

Shinso looked down at the food with a frown. There was a flicker of hesitation in his eyes as he glanced at the humming owners past the table.

"It... tastes too salty.." he said in a quiet voice, making sure not to be heard by anyone but you.