31: A Journalist's Rage

warnings: blood, and violence (this time, in BNHA standards instead).

╒═══════════════════╕

❝ The first try failed, but at the second, everything will be okay. ❞

╘═══════════════════╛

You woke up at the sharp sting on your bleeding shoulder.

The plushie had drops of blood on it alongside your pillow and blanket. You should wash it. Or even dab it with rubbing alcohol to remove the stain.

But the sunlight by your window hasn't hit your skin yet, and you can't bring yourself to move. You just stared at the ceiling, dreading the day that you'll experience once again. Even opening your skill took too much effort, but when you did, your voice felt different as if it wasn't you:

"Open skill."

[Shock Absorption]

[Description: The fighter is a stubborn hero who pushed himself for his society. He had chosen to suffer through their pact until he could no longer handle it and release it.

You are now the fighter. Now, a choice looms before you: keep the pain you had absorbed or release it.

*However, your body will be prone to all injuries for 24 hours once you release it.]

It's no wonder the Nomu is destined to fight All Might. Shock absorption as its Quirk is a perfect line up for someone who can change even the weather just by his single punch alone.

Now that you have it though... dying by getting punted by a strong enemy seemed to be your distant dream now. Maybe you should have chosen the second one instead, even if you don't know what it is.

Ah, but crying over spilled milk won't change the choice you made.

Your power was the only thing permanent to you and you'd be damned if you began regretting the only one that had been with you since the start of this chaos.

After so much effort and silent screaming in your head, you finally sat up from your bed and washed yourself. The wound on your shoulder stung- it was the only wound that wasn't scabbing amongst your other scars. It's weird, but your mind had been hazy since you woke up and you found it difficult to even overthink.

One moment you were in the bathroom, changing your bandages and cleaning your wounds. The next you blinked, you were already sliding the door to 1-A's classroom, walking over to your seat.

The classroom was still quiet.

There were barely any students aside from Yaoyorozu who greeted you with a nod, Tokoyami who read a book, and Shoji who wrote on his notes.

They didn't ask anything when you slumped on your seat with a heavy sigh. They just stared, from the corner of their eyes, and went quiet as you tried to fall asleep. It's like all of you had a silent agreement: keep to yourselves, and let the day continue on.

One by one, the students trickled in. The calm ones were early as well, but when Ashido slammed the door open with an energetic, 'Good morning!' - the atmosphere in the air changed.

It became rowdy. Lively. It became an atmosphere that you didn't feel like you belonged to.

You drowned yourself into your silence, arms folded and head tucked in them. There was a burning stare from somewhere past you, and if you'd assume, you knew it was Midoriya who's staring at you. After all, you didn't come to the morning meetings in the principal office and that was enough of a telltale that maybe something is wrong.