20: Differences and Similarities

╒═══════════════════╕

The party starts quite
late for us, huh?

╘═══════════════════╛

Aizawa sighed. He rubbed his face, glancing at you with a sharp stare. "It's only the first day, (L/n)."

You dipped your head down. "I'm so sorry."

The two of you walked down the silent hallways. It was rid of students because the first period started already, yet here you were, being led to your class directly by your temporary adviser.

He sounded so tired already and you can't blame him.

You were 25 minutes late into class. And if Aizawa didn't come to fetch you, you would have probably skipped the first period unwillingly.

What does 'unwillingly' mean, you ask?

Well, let's look back at the start of this unwilling lateness of yours: Snipe.

After leaving the cleaning-up session to the rest of your class (with Shiru and Yuuta still bickering back and forth), Snipe talked to you and Nakamura separately outside of your class. It was only when he handed you a new red and white striped tie, and a pin, did you realize that everyone in your class, including Hitoshi and Nakamura, had a different tie than the normal students.

Snipe said that this tie was a sign that you're part of the first Official Journalists at UA. If that doesn't stroke your ego of feeling special, then you don't know what will.

You thought it was an amazing tie, maybe a little bit more on the candy cane side, but you never thought this simple tie would cause you a lot of problems later on.

First was Cementoss.

On your way to class, you saw Cementoss carrying a bunch of papers in his arms. You didn't realize you'd been staring at him in awe the whole time until he struck a conversation with you. He congratulated you for passing the Journalism Department, then he noticed your tie.

He asked you if you could bring the papers to the teacher's lounge, and seeing the time on the clock, you thought: "Eh, why not? I'm only supposed to be at the first subject of Class 1-A anyway, and right now it's currently homeroom. I don't need to go there yet." So you took the side job with a giddy smile (Cementoss just talked and complimented you, why wouldn't you smile!)

But when you plopped down the papers and got ready to leave the teacher's lounge, Ectoplasm appeared right in front of you and you were starstruck by the sight of him once again. He definitely noticed your starry-eyed gaze, and with a pat on the head, he asked you to fetch him the food he ordered from Lunch Rush at the cafeteria.

The pressure he emitted just by his presence alone could make anyone freeze on their spot, but since you also kind of adored Ectoplasm for his passionate way of speaking in interviews, you couldn't bring yourself to decline him.

When you got to the cafeteria, Lunch Rush saw your tie and immediately thought you were currently doing a tour of the UA School for your article. You didn't understand— did he somehow get the description of the Journalism Department wrong? That's not something that the Journalism Department needs to do. Or maybe the description of your Department was delivered improperly because Lunch Rush was far too focused on creating food instead?

Nonetheless, Lunch Rush ushered you inside the kitchen and made you try out so many of his tasty food.

Once again, how can you decline food when (1), it's tasty. (2), it's right in front of you. And (3), it's free.