Chapter 2

30 years ago....

It all began because of Skay...a small uninhabited island situated to the north of both countries.

This island was nowhere present in the records of these two countries, it was not included in their boundaries, nobody knew of its existence for a long time, so it always remained a mystery, an enigma, until one fine day....

Early in the morning, after a heavy storm, few fishermen noticed something green and sparkly, washed up on the shore of the northern seas. Intrigued by these small green shiny stones, they collected as many possible and took it to the goldsmiths, but none could recognize the identity of this peculiar stone. By now, this news had reached the Kings of both countries and they ordered for the stone to be brought to the palace. When they saw it, they were mesmerized by its beauty and wanted to adorn their crown with this stone, for generations to come. That's when the hunt began....

Many men were deployed for finding out the source of those pretty crystals but no luck

Many men were deployed for finding out the source of those pretty crystals but no luck. Search base was expanded, ships and aircraft were sent. Finally, the island was found. These stones formed a large part of that island and due to the heavy storm, they had broken off and travelled far reaching Zodia and Quera. When both the kings got to know about the presence of this mysterious island, they also got to know that the other king was trying to get hold of it. Therefore, a war was declared stating, the one to bring that stone home would be the ultimate owner of the mysterious island, the precious stone and the other king's kingdom. This became the decision maker, the concluding contest, to ascertain the SUPREME RULER of all time....

But there was a problem. The island was home to various unknown species of animals which can be dangerous and, the waters surrounding the island was home to Titanoboa, therefore going to the island was not an easy task. But that did not stop these two. No matter what they wanted to get hold of that stone and place it on their crown thus claiming victory over the other country and also, over the unknown land.

Both the kings and their troop, fought with all might. After few days of war, the king of Zodia defeated the king of Quera and set sail for the island in their ships, but they underestimated their other opponent. In the end, the king of Zodia and his men were eaten away by the humongous Titanoboa, thus ending the quest for the stone, and leaving the island unexplored forever.... or so everyone thought.

Both the kings did not want the legacy to end there. Therefore, they had written books notifying the presence of the island, the stone, the war signed and in the end, about the importance of their victory, so that their future generation could read it and continue their quest. Therefore, the later kings also fought wars for this but died and could not succeed due to lack of information and preparations. So, every king made sure to add their experience to the book, to help the future kings. They even made a separate division to study the air, water, make different strategies and keep an eye on their opponent kingdom, the animals, and the island.

After 5 years, one day, when the division went to check up on the island, they saw that it had magically disappeared. Everyone was surprised by this sudden event. After studying the phenomenon, they found out that the island, being tiny, would easily submerge inside the huge waves. There were chances that it would not come up for days, years together and so did it. It never showed up for the next 25 years. The division still kept an eye on it to notice its presence and immediately get into action, to try and beat their enemy to it, as soon as possible.

Everything was calm and cool, nobody fought with anybody. Everybody was happy with their lives as it was. But it was the calm before the storm. From the past 3 weeks, the division has observed slight fall in the waves and rise in the land, thus signifying the ignition of the fire, the eruption of the volcano....