Chapter 14

Inside the helicopter, things were very quiet. Everyone was busy in their own thoughts. JK's PA tried to make small talk with JK but seeing the response he was getting and the disinterest that was clearly written on JK's face, he went back to his tablet, doing his work.

JK was still in his tribal clothes. He was staring at the end of the arrow that he was holding onto tightly. When he learnt that he will be leaving the island for good, he went back to the hut and hurriedly picked the end from one of the arrows in Shera's quiver. He wanted something to remember her. He had a lot of memories with her, most of them associated with hunting. Now he was reminiscing all those beautiful moments.

Suddenly, breaking out of these thoughts, he spoke to his PA

Suddenly, breaking out of these thoughts, he spoke to his PA. "Let's get our stories straight. Whoever knows about this island, make sure that they'll not speak a word about it. Create any story about my mysterious appearance after being lost and presumed dead for so many days but nobody should know about the existence of this island or the people living here." His PA nodded and got into the task.

This was the promise he had made to the Chieftain. Before leaving, Chieftain had requested JK to keep the existing of their island and the people a secret, just like the way it was before JK entered. They couldn't stop the things that happened so far, but they can prevent things from happening in the future. The tribals were happy in their own world without having any disturbance from the outside world for so many years. They were totally satisfied with their life and the Chieftain wanted the same. It was a promise made from the then king of Zodia and now JK had to continue the legacy of his ancestors. He totally understood the thoughts of Chieftain and agreed to it.

After sometime, JK reached his palace. Before stepping out of the helicopter, he had managed to change into his tuxedo and transformed into the perfect king he is known to be. He didn't wanted anyone to see him in the tribal dress which would lead to lot more questions.

Inspite of being informed that he would be addressing his subjects and the media the next day, a huge crowd had gathered outside the gates of the palace

Inspite of being informed that he would be addressing his subjects and the media the next day, a huge crowd had gathered outside the gates of the palace. It could be seen that every being was happy that JK was alive and back to rule their kingdom. Hails to the king could be heard resonating throughout the area giving goosebumps but JK was not in the mood for anything. He just wanted to be alone for the rest of the day.

The palace was beautifully decorated to welcome him. He was literally back from the dead, so the welcoming had to be done in a very grand way. It was a second birth to him, a complete miracle. His brother couldn't contain the smile on his face. On seeing his lovely big brother alive, Jung Hwan ran into his arms, not caring about his place or dignity as the prince. He was glad that his brother, his only family, was back and standing in front of his eyes, very much alive and safe.

JK was finally happy seeing his little brother. After a lot assuring him that he was alright and promising him that he will not leave again, JK got a chance to speak to his friend Jimin and his minister Lee. They too were happy seeing their king back safe and sound.

Jk remembered about the others who accompanied him during the trip to the southern state, when the jet crashed. When asked, he learnt that, his PA and one of the bodyguards by god's grace somehow survived the crash. His PA still conrinued working in the palace, but the bodyguard quit his job and went back to his village. Sadly, the pilot of the jet and the other bodyguards couldn't make it. JK ordered his PA to arrange a meeting the next day with the bodyguard who survived and with the families of the pilot and the other bodyguard.

Feast was organised for JK. All his favourite foods were made, for him to enjoy along with the ministers and palace staff. Many other facilities were arranged especially for him, like massage, spa, etc., for his relaxation. Everyone were dying to spend sometime with him, listen to his story as to what happened. JK was not interested in a single thing. After briefly greeting everyone, JK ordered them to not disturb him till the next day and he would be eating the dinner in his room, alone. People were a little disappointed at that but still let him be. They will always get a chance, now that he is back. JK went to his room and locked himself in his thoughts for the rest of the day.

Back in the island, things went on as usual except for the fact that JK was no longer a part of it. Everyone felt sad, felt his absence but tried a lot to distract themselves and move on with their lives because that's how things work.

It was sunset time. Even though her mind was not on it, Shera's legs habitually took her to the sea shore, to watch the sunset, because it had become a routine now. Unwillingly she sat on the sand, staring blankly at the setting orange sun. Now that she was all alone, all the emotions she had suppressed so long, came back. They were boiling like the lava inside an active volcano which is all ready to erupt any minute. And just like that, the lava turned into tears and she started pouring all her emotions out. It was sadness, anger, disappointment, yearning, regret, a mixture of everything. Hugging her knees close to her chest, she placed her forehead on her knees and cried till the sky turned dark....

______________________________________

Hello People ☺️,

Please give your views on the story so far.....