Chapter 6

Few Hours Later.....

The same feeling.....

Everywhere, everything was just bright, White.....

Is it a dream again??

What is happening here??

JK slowly opened his eyes. His eyelids unwillingly opening because of the amount of pain. His eyes all read and puffy from tiredness and lack of sleep. He was not ready to wake up but he wanted to get out of that brightness inside his head and wanted to see where he was and what was happening.

Slowly trying to sit up, his face grimacing in the process due to the immense pain shooting up in his shoulders, his back and his arms, JK blinked his eyes several times to get adjusted to the lighting and the atmosphere. His eyes scanned the surroundings, finally landing on a pair of eyes in front of him.

Staring into the hazel orbs of the almond eyes, JK lost track of himself for sometime before he was brought back to his senses by a voice.....

"Hello or should I say Welcome Back?", a sweet voice was heard followed by a chuckle. JK came out of the trance and looked at the person sitting opposite to him. He recognised the person to be the girl from earlier who claimed to have brought him home when he was stranded on the shore and who also tried to save him when the other people were trying to kill him.

"With all that efforts you tried to go back to your land but ultimately, you returned to the same place, here. I must say you have some connection with this island huh..!!". JK was silently observing her, her words never entering his ears and he didn't bother to reply.

"Because of all that swimming and the salty water hitting you, the previous wounds that I had beautifully treated have opened up. Although I'm very mad at you, I'll still put it together. AGAIN". The girl gave a huff trying to show that she was mad and continued to apply the green substance on his red wounds. JK now shifted his attention towards his body. His shirt was completely ripped with his torso in display, wounds everywhere. The remainder of his shirt was hanging down from his sleeves. His pants were torn in many places with some veins and twigs hanging around. His feet were bruised badly with cuts and blisters.

"See, I don't know who you are, where you are from, what you do. In fact, I could care less. But seeing the way you have come here, not once, but twice, I feel it's your fate that has brought you here. So, listen to me. For now, without denying and talking back, stay here and do as we say".

JK's eyes grew a little bit at that sentence. He was little shocked and disappointed that for now, there's nothing he can do. "This island is really huge. The place we are here now, the place we all live in and are using, is just a part of this island. What lies and lives in the rest of the island, none of us know. So I believe, it is good for you to stay here, with us, as one among us. That way you can be alive and also find a way to wherever you want to go or in your case, wherever your fate takes you".

JK was now comprehending her words. He understood that he can't do anything. All his efforts are a waste. This place in new, all the people are new. So new that they don't recognise a King. Poor common man..!! Everywhere he looks it's just water and waves. No sign of another land. For once, he felt so defeated, dejected. The King of Zodia, known for his achievements, for his affection, but here, he's a stranger that is being suspected like a criminal. All he could do was blame his damn fate. For now, he decided to listen to the girl and go with the flow.

"I have spoken with the others. After a lot of persuasion, they have agreed to let you stay here. So I suggest you to be on your best behaviour. Besides, I have borrowed this from Shaedi. Tomorrow, I'll fix you something new.
For now, wear this and come out, I have to show you around". The girl got up to get to the other end of the hut and came back holding something in her hand. She handed it to JK and without looking back, went out of the hut shutting the makeshift door behind her, leaving a dumbfounded JK back to figure out things on his own.....