Chapter 10

"Tell me who you really are JK. I'm all ears. I'll listen to whatever you'll say without judging or interrupting you"......

JK was taken aback. His eyes wide open, jaw dropped, brain crashed trying to process her words. He never imagined anyone to care about his actual self or his background this point of time. All this while they pitied him thinking he might have lost his memory due to the accident. But here Shera was keenly waiting to listen to whatever he has to say. He couldn't believe it.

"Umm.....", JK was lost trying to form proper words....

"Ohh, you want me to go first in this as well. Fine, not a problem. Yeah. So you already know my name, my father, this island, our tribe and the tribals. Ohhh, about my mom, well I should know about her first before I tell you about her. Actually, I don't know her name, I have not seen her face. All I have heard is that she passed away after giving birth to me and nothing much. I don't miss her because how can you miss a person you don't know of. Nobody talks about her. Not even father. Maybe he's hurt about that, so even I don't question. Father might look intimidating but he's a very sweet person. Everyone said that when I was young, he would care and worry too much about my health. Whenever I was even little uncomfortable, he would panic and run around searching for remedies to put me at ease which is so cute ha! ha! Even now he is the sweetest, always getting me fruits from the forest and taking care of me in every possible way. He may not say it out loud but his actions give away his act of trying to pretend that he is a rock without emotions. Silly father..!!".

"This is my small world. I have been on this island, with all these people as one happy little family. Our own small world. No outsiders disturbing this bubble of happiness. It is perfect. Although, initially I was curious to know what's on the other end of the ocean. But knowing that there's no option of going there and finding out for myself, I gave up that curiosity and I know I'll not regret that decision. This is my story which I realise that I haven't told to a single person and now I feel somewhat embarrassed to you tell", Shera narrates her life story to JK, to ease his surprised and nervous self.

JK was staring at her the whole time. She was sitting to JK's left, looking towards the waterfall while talking about her life, to avoid JK's eyes. The moonlight was bouncing of her honey coloured cheeks creating a beautiful glow on her half of the face. Her eyes sparkling from the moonlight. Her beautiful voice always doing some magic on him. JK was lost in her beauty. He hurriedly blinked his eyes acting as though he was not staring at her when she turned to his side. JK was happy that she spoke about herself. He was happy that she was sweet, kind, considerate, trusting. Now he also wanted to say his story and find that relief of not hiding things anymore. Atleast from one person, whom he is comfortable with now. Realising it was his turn he spoke...

"That was nice. Thanks for telling that to me. I had told that you can call me JK. Well, my name is Jeon Jung Kook. Jeon is my family name and Jung Kook is my name. I'm from Zodia Province. Believe it or not but I'm 'The King' of that province and to prove it to you, all of you, I'll wait for the right time. I promise that I'll take you to my kingdom one day. My dad, the former king, passed away twenty years ago in a battle and my mother passed away even before, while giving birth to my brother. So now, it's just me, my brother Jeon Jung Hwan, my dear friend Jimin and my ministers".

Shera's eyes widened hearing that JK and his brother had lost his parents at a very young age. She continued to listen to his rest of the story.

"To be honest, it was difficult. If I was a normal kid, maybe it would have been a little easier but I was the Prince and now I had to be the king. Not just my little brother, I had a huge responsibility of taking care of the whole kingdom. It's hundreds and thousands of people. Many times I would cry alone which was also difficult because guards would always be with me. But I had to find strength. For the sake of my brother, my ministers, my subjects, my province and to honour my parents. Now things are fine. I learnt everything necessary, even trained my brother. Everything is good, or so I thought."

"Just when I thought everything is going good, I'm here. Far away from my home, my responsibilities. Not even sure where I am, what to do and what will happen next. I'm here and everyone will be worrying about me. There's no way of even sending them a message about my whereabouts. It's frustrating that my hands are tied like this." Irritation could be seen on JK's face, could be heard in his voice. By this time, tears had started to collect in Shera's eyes which made it sparkle even more. She was trying hard to control it from falling down but JK noticed it.

"At first, I couldn't handle all that pressure, at such a young age. I had blamed fate a lot of times. Maybe that's why I'm here now ha! ha!. But later I realised it's my duty. I'm meant to be a king. I started enjoying every part of it. I love it, all of it"

"But now, all I can do is wait and not sure how long. My little brother has to take all the responsibilities now while I'm away. I just hope it's not too hard on him. I just hope he's safe and sound and not too lost looking for me, worrying about me. I hope everyone is helping him out just like they did to me. I hope I can go back to him soon. I miss him. I miss all of them."

JK dropped his head down in sadness. His hands holding onto the rock he's sitting on, a lonely tear falls from his right eye. Shera's eyes are fully filled and she can't take it anymore. She turns to her left, facing away from JK and hurriedly wipes her tears.

"That must have been tough. I don't know what to say. I can't say I understand you because I can never do that. All I can say is believe in the process. I promise it'll definitely take you to your destination. I hope it felt better sharing it??", Shera questions.

JK composes himself and honestly answers, "It did. Thank you so much for this. I feel a lot better now that someone knows who I am and someone is with me during this journey." Shera smiles widely at that which JK reciprocates.

"So, now that everything is out in the open, would you be my friend JK. I promise your safety for the time you are on this island, although you won't be requiring it. You are everyone's favourite here already. Father might not show it but he is pretty impressed. I also promise to help you in anything you want me to. Feel free to ask", Shera asks extending her hand for a shake. JK complies, thanking her for her sweet words. He was really thrilled by the way the evening progressed.

Shera takes something out from her back and into her hands. She walks towards JK, asks him to sit back on the rock. Once he is seated, she removes the flower crown he was already wearing and places a new leafy crown on his head. "This is a special crown we wear on the ritual day. Goddess likes these leaves, so we wear it to please her. We even offer her a garland made of these leaves. Believe in her and make all the wishes you want, it'll all come true", Shera encouraged and motivated him. It was now time for the ritual to begin. They both went back to where it would happen, with smiles on their face.