[S8] The Mask of Deception/ The Jade Princess

......................................................................

 Bold Italics = Reader's/Character's Thoughts

(h/c) = Hair Color

(r/c) = Robe Color

......................................................................

(Y/n)'s POV:

It has been a year since we lost Wu. In an effort to both search for our master and watch over Ninjago, Lloyd sent us all over the continent. Some of us followed up on rumors we heard about Wu and others went on missions to help the people of Ninjago. Sometimes a bit of both.

In between it all, I have been training with Mystake to master my Oni powers and other teachings my mother had shown her, both of which I've made great progress on. Now I am able to focus my Oni reflexes, enhanced senses, rage with ease without losing control anymore. Still having trouble getting a hang of the whole shapeshifting bit. Changing a hand or a single part of my body is easy. Changing all of it...not so much.

Mystake helped me successfully extract the Elemental energy from the Reversal Blade into a Crystal but in turn destroyed the Blade itself. I have since been practicing how to replicate the Time Crystal, as I'm calling it, when need be. Mystake and I have even tested it out in our combat training. While I still haven't beaten her, the Time Crystal has gotten me quite close.

Lloyd still doesn't know about this, any of this. The time crystal, Mystake, my Oni heritage, none of it. Granted, we've both been busy with him stepping up as Master and all the missions I've been sent on across the world. I'm not complaining. I've done some real good out here and helped a lot of people, especially with all the training I've been getting on the side.

However it has hindered Lloyd and I's relationship a bit, with not being able to see each other or be together as long. We text when we can but I feel we are drifting with the long trips, keeping us a secret from the other Ninja, as well as the secrets I'm keeping from him. I worried how he'd respond to everything that has happened. It's still hard for me to see past the Oni history and see myself as something other than a monster. I don't want Lloyd to see me differently, or even worse: lose him.

But I can't dwell on that right now, I'm tracking a gang of thieves through a forest. With my new powers and the cover of night, I am easily able to track my targets while masking my presence. I followed the trail to a cave, where they must be hoarding the stolen goods. These thieves have been raiding nearby villages for food and valuables recently. The people haven't been unable to stop them, let alone find them. Villagers have told me how well organized the gang has been and how they seemed well trained in combat.

I can put a stop to this right here and now and return the stolen goods. I watch and see two guards at the entrance of the cave from atop the tree branch I'm perched on. I can hear many voices coming from the cave, sounds like they are having quite the celebration. With my Oni powers I can sense at least a dozen people within that cave as well as a large pile of stuff along the back wall. I don my Ninja hood and slide down the tree trunk. Hidden in shadow, I make my approach up to the cave entrance.

The guards are blocking the entrance to the cave. I pull a small Crystal from my robes and shoot it past the guards at a rock. The sound causes them to go check what that was. As they do so, I creep behind the two men before quickly slamming their heads against each other. The two men fall to the ground unconscious. Crystal surrounds them with a move of my hand, holding them down. I stuff a piece of excess cloth into each of their mouths so they don't make a sound before I go greet their buddies.

Entering the cave I turn my hands into claws and climb up the sidewall and onto the ceiling. As I creep along the ceiling I enter the inner room of the cave and see the gang having a good time. Twenty people mull about the cave dancing, laughing, all of them drinking "juice." They won't be too hard to deal with like this. I look over and see lots of sacks piled over in the corner on the back wall. Jackpot. As I inch forward a small rock falls from the ceiling and hits one of the gang members on the head.