[S8] True Potential/ Big Trouble, Little Ninjago

......................................................................

Bold Italics = Reader's/Character's Thoughts

(E/c) = Element color

(H/c) = Reader's Hair Color

......................................................................

(Y/n)'s POV:

Everyone on the team came to Dareth's bar Laffy's to celebrate our battle and defeat of the Sons of Garmadon. The Ninja wore party hats and crowded the small stage singing karaoke. Little Wu dances happily to the music while Misako and P.I.X.A.L. watch with amusement. Not too far away I sit at a table, bandages wrapped up both of my arms, sipping my boba tea through a straw.

Thankfully they weren't too badly hurt from the Temple of Resurrection, according to the doctors, but they still need time to heal. Hopefully, since the Sons of Garmadon are finished I can get that time and not have to worry about fighting anyone. "They say...go slow. And everything just stands so still..." I sing under my breath as the others shout the line into the microphone. It's a really catchy song.

I quite like just being able to relax, especially with my friends. And its really fun to watch the Ninja sing, or try to sing. Their joyful fumbling while doing karaoke brings a smile to my face, lifting my spirits. But not everyone is enjoying themselves. Lloyd leans over a banister a foot away from me. Deep in thought, staring into his near-empty glass. He's been out of sorts ever since we stopped the ritual at the Palace.

Everything with Harumi, being lied to and manipulated, it hasn't been easy on him. And I'm sure my reveal as an Oni at the Oni Temple isn't helping all the things he's trying to process. We haven't talked about it since I know he's dealing with a lot, and part of me doesn't really want to. Regardless, Lloyd is hurt and the least I can do is be here for him. I walk over to him, closing the distance between us.

"Hey." I say in a gentle voice. "Hey." He retorts back, still staring at the bottom of his boba tea. "How are you doing?" I ask in a tender tone, giving his hand a little shake. "I'm fine (Y/n)." He states, not looking at me. Oh, no. He's in his own head again, blaming himself. I can see his mind spinning from every frustrated expression he makes. I can see it in the little crinkle his nose makes when he's angry, that stern glare from his eyes as his looks into his glass.

Even his eyes seem dimmer, the warm glowing light behind them nothing but a weak ember. Last time I saw him like this was when Wu disappeared. Just before he sent us all away. "Hey, look at me." I tell him. Lloyd turns to me looking so empty, his face a mix of sadness and numbness from all that has happened. I take his hand in mine, intertwining my fingers with his. "I know a lot has happened, but none of it is your fault, okay?" I tell him.

Lloyd starts to look away not wanting to hear what I have to say. I cup the side of his face and guide it back to face me. But he still won't look at me. "I know she hurt you. You let her into your heart and she abused it. But don't let her get what she wants. Don't let her destroy you." He gazes up at me, his eyes wavering. He already looks broken. "I...trusted her. And she hurt me. She hurt you." He mutters under his breath, looking down ashamed before locking eyes with me.

"You didn't do anything wrong. You are kind, talented, strong, and have the biggest heart I know, and I adore that about you." I point out. "So please, try to be kind to yourself. Don't bury how wonderful Lloyd Garmadon is under a hard surface. He's one of my favorite people and I don't want to see you beating up on him." I say with a smile in a low, warm tone. The Green Bean's expression softens a bit and he squeezes my hand.