[S9] Two Lies, One Truth/ The Weakest Link/ Saving Faith

......................................................................

Bold Italics = Reader's/ Character's thoughts

(h/c)= Reader's Hair Color

(r/c) = Reader's Ninja Robe Color

......................................................................

(Y/n)'s POV:

Lloyd and I danced late into the night after our victory over the Sons of Garmadon. He seemed to like me taking charge. I'll have to remember that. As I lay in Lloyd's arms, both of us exhausted from everything today, I can feel myself fall deeper and deeper until everything is black. Everything is a fog, thick and heavy, so heavy that I can't even see my hands in front of me.

It's hard to find any sense of space at all, let alone of myself. A light shines through the darkness, showing me a similar sight: the Bounty. I'm back on the Bounty as it's in the hands of the Colossus. Looking ahead I see the others on the bridge as Traveler's Tea swirls around them. But everything is suspended in time, happening in slow motion. From the cracks in the floor beneath me, to the magic vortex growing around my friends.

What is going on? Didn't this happen already? While confused at what is happening I can't help but watch as the Bounty is crushed to pieces again and my friends are spirited away to a distant Realm. But I'm not falling. It's like I'm watching this happen from an outside perspective. Am I not even here? Out of the corner of my eye I spot myself in the distance trying to survive the fall. Yet I'm not what the focus is on.

A flash of yellow light guides my eye to the Time Crystal as it falls among the scattered debris of the wreck. I forgot the Crystal was on the Bounty, Lloyd locked it up somewhere. The scene plays out as it did before of the Bounty crashing onto the city below, but as the Time Crystal makes impact with the ground it shatters. Bright yellow energy is released from the broken shards and pulses out in slow motion.

I can feel a prickle on the back of my neck and a whisper in the back of my mind, raspy and deep. Freedom...return... A darkness seems to grow at the center of the energy. Time seems to crack and strain as the darkness grows and grows before it all vanishes. Even if I can't see it I can still feel the hair-raising presence of whatever that darkness was. There will be balance..., the voice says ominously as it all fades away.

......................................................................

In our tattered rags, I lead the others deeper into the lower district of Ninjago City. We needed a place to hole up after Garmadon and his forces snuffed out our little operation at the garbage depot. I know of a place, though I haven't thought of it in what felt like years. Skylor groaned next to me as she held a few bags of food. She had bought some from some vendors as we walked since Mystake was finishing off the last of the dumplings. 

Turning the block I spot our safehouse. "This way." I tell the others as they follow me to the small building's door. I pull out an old key and slide it into the door. With a click, the door unlocks and I open it for the others. "We should be safe here." I tell them as they enter into the simple dwelling. "What is this place?" Nya asks. "This is...or I guess was, my place." I answered her. "Your place?" Lloyd asks, surprised at this new revelation.

"Yup. Haven't had much use of it till now, but it should do." I state looking around the place. There is a queen bed in the far back of the room, a couch and a few chairs in the center, a small kitchen a few feet away, and two tables near the entryway. Haven't been here in years, not since I first came to Ninjago City all those years ago, wanting a new life after my troublesome past. Little did I know I'd get just that, though definitely not how I expected.