[S9] Lessons for a Master/ Green Destiny

......................................................................

Bold Italics = Reader's/ Character's Thoughts

......................................................................

(Y/n)'s POV:

The Colossus swings its arms about, buildings fall with each swing, stone slams down on stone as the giant makes its way toward us in a fitted rage. "Guys, we need to go! Pronto!" Dareth shouts, eyeing the approaching monster. Lloyd and I hold Skylor up between us but she is still in a trance after using Garmadon's powers, her eyes revealing the purple Oni power that has poisoned her. The Colossus slams its fist into a building, making the ground beneath us rumble. 

Lloyd stumbles back and I quickly grab Skylor before she falls, her body hanging limp like a ragdoll. "Skylor, you have to wake up!" Lloyd tries to tell her, but her dead gaze just looks right through him. "We have to run." Nya tells the three of us. "Run? One of us can't even stand!" Dareth exclaims. "Guys..." I gasp as the others turn to see the Colossus pick up a car. "Let's move." Lloyd orders. I carry my injured friend over my shoulder as we run to the door. A car crashes down in between us and the exit and we quickly look back at the stone giant. 

It slams it's ginormous fist down on the edge of the roof sending chunks of stone and cement flying all over the place. "Come on!" I call out as I run towards the opposing edge, the others following right behind me. Standing on the ledge we look out to the nearest building, at least a few yards away. There is no other way. "Jump, Dareth!" Nya orders. The Brown Ninja looks hesitant before we hear a loud growl from behind us and another car slamming into the ledge nearby, barely missing us. 

Dareth quickly turns and leaps off the building. He doesn't look like he's going to make it! He grabs onto the building's ledge, his arms reaching out trying to pull himself up. Nya leaps over next, clearing the jump with ease before running to help Dareth, catching him in time as his grip slipped. Once they are both safe on the edge they look back to us. "Throw her over!' Nya calls out. "That's not going to work." Lloyd tells me. 

A low rumbling can be heard behind and we look back to see the Colossus raise his fist to strike us. "Guys!" Nya shouts. As the fist races toward us I can hear Nya call out to us but my mind is racing too fast to hear her. Fear and anger surge through me, igniting my Oni powers, and in half a second I throw Lloyd over my other shoulder and leap high into the air as the fist crashes into the rooftop below me. 

I land on the stone giant's fist and lock eyes with the beast as it brings it's hand close, inspecting me like an some irksome mosquito on its skin. And like a mosquito he tries to swat me off. "Hang on tight." I tell my boyfriend as I run down the stone hand in motion towards the knuckles. "Yes!" I hear Dareth shout happily as I leap off a knuckles towards the rooftop they are on. All three of us tumble across the rooftop. 

Nya and Dareth quickly run to help us up but we have no time to rest. The Colossus growls and moves closer to attack. I grab Skylor bridal style and book it towards the exit. The others follow my lead, Dareth screams in the background. Using my powers as I run, a Crystal rises from my robes and shoot out in front of me. I concentrate and it grows into a slide going all the way to the bottom. All five of us make it down the slide in one piece and continue to run. 

A sound like an explosion rumbles behind us and over my shoulder I see the building we were just on smashed to pieces across the city streets. I guide us through familiar back alleys until we huddled behind a street lined with smashed cars. We crouch behind them for some cover, and I set Skylor down gently. All of us are panting, trying to rest for a moment after that rollercoaster we just went through.