[S9] Radio Free Ninjago/ How to Build a Dragon/ The Gilded Path

......................................................................

Bold Italics = Reader's/ Characters thoughts

(E/c) = Reader's eye color

(H/c) = Reader's hair color

(R/c) = Reader's Ninja Robe color

......................................................................

(Y/n)'s POV:

As light shines on my face from the boarded up window of our room I am woken up. I can tell Lloyd is still asleep from his slowed breathing hitting the top of my head, tickling my hair. His arms are still wrapped around me tightly, like he's afraid to let me go again. I can't blame him, I'm quite afraid of that too after all that's happened. 

Without waking him, I sit up and admire Lloyd's sleeping form, bathed in darkness and golden light. His blonde hair glistens in the light and frames his chiseled face, yet it also looks soft and cute.It suits him. He's so handsome. I'm still trying to convince myself that this is real, that he's really here, amongst all the craziness going on. 

We lost each other when Garmadon flipped Ninjago absolutely upside down. Lloyd even thought I was dead. It's ironic how it's when the world is in so much chaos, that I can see things with more clarity than I ever have. I learn more about myself everyday from my morning training with Mystake, from surviving in this city as I am being hunted like an animal, and from how the others look to me like I'm some kind of leader. Me! 

Honestly, I never thought I could do all of this. I really was just trying to live long enough to somehow find the others and to get back to Lloyd. And Lloyd, my feelings for him can't be any clearer. I love him and I want to tell him and be with him. I want to start and end my days just like this, lying next to the man I love. I imagine a life together with him, by his side. 

But those thoughts seem far away as we have much to deal with in the present, and most of it weighs heavy on Lloyd's mind. While things are better now between us, it's hard to look past what is going on outside our window. His Father rules over Ninjago with an iron fist and everything is in ruin under the guise of strength and control. 

Our friends are trapped in another Realm with no way back, and not to mention the fact that Lloyd's powers haven't returned. Despite that, everyone will be looking to the Green Ninja for some way to save the day. I don't know how I can best help him deal with all of this, but I know I don't want him to deal with it alone. I will be there for him and try to help when I can. Whether that means fighting on the battlefield, leading the Resistance, or just to be a rock for him I will be there by his side. Because I love him. 

Brushing some hair from his face, I lean down and kiss Lloyd's sleeping head. Trying not to disturb him as he sleeps, I get up and slip into some new clothes. Carefully placing my robes to properly cover my neck from the hickeys Lloyd gave me last night. Quietly, I slink out of the room and towards the depot floor, careful not to wake my sleeping boyfriend. I have a feeling he'll need his strength soon enough.

......................................................................

Mystake and I were the first ones up this early and we immediately got into training. She's been helping me get better at my shapeshifting and attacks with my Oni powers. I remember the day after I had woken up from my injuries she told me: "You put all your energy into great efforts during battles. While powerful, afterwards you are left drained and vulnerable to your enemies. Instead of becoming an asset to your friends, you become a liability."