[S8] The Oni and The Dragon/ Snake Jaguar

......................................................................

Bold Italics = Reader's thoughts

......................................................................

(Y/n)'s POV:

On the bridge, I lean against a banister looking out over the lower decks of the ship, mostly focusing on Lloyd and Harumi. I know I said I was over this and wasn't going to be jealous but it's harder than I thought. Maybe it's my Oni nature that is making me like this since Mystake said they were very territorial creatures. And I know Lloyd likes me, but he never said he wasn't attracted to other genders. What if he likes her? 

The greenies start to make their way up to the bridge and I walk over to the console Nya is at. Nya gives me a sad look and places a hand on my shoulder giving me a hopeful smile. I smirk back before typing away at the panel and help with what she's working on. I can tell Harumi and Lloyd are on deck as soon as Cole cracks a bad joke. "So, Harumi, looks like we're gonna be...roomies for a while." I roll my eyes at the bad pun, causing Nya to snort. I nudge her playfully and we get back to typing. 

Harumi steps forward, speaking to all of us. "You have all been so gracious to take me in since our palace was...taken away, and—" "You're safe with us." Jay assures her. "That assumption is not entirely justified, Jay. We know very little about the Sons of Garmadon's full capabilities." Zane points out. "We know nothing about them. Period." Kai states. "We do know they're after the three Oni Masks. Unfortunately, they already have two of them." Nya says, displaying the two known Oni Masks on the console screen before us. 

I look and see Lloyd and Harumi walking to join us, his arm around her shoulder, and both of them smiling. My vision goes purple for a second before I shake it off and tune back into the conversation. "P.I.X.A.L. scanned everywhere for the third mask, but it came up empty. It's as if...it never existed." "It could be shielded by its Oni power. We've seen such power displayed with the Mask of Vengeance by that SOG biker you guys faced." I suggest. "Ugh, don't remind me." Jay groans. 

"Well since we have no lead on the Masks, we need to focus on the person in charge of it all. A group this organized must have a leader." Lloyd states. "Maybe someone from our past?" Jay brings up. "Uh, forgive me, but is that...underwear?" Harumi asks with a tinge of disgust. My attention shifts as I see blue underwear quickly snatched from her hands. Jay chuckles nervously, hiding the underwear behind him. 

"We're usually more organized. Ahem. But our leader got lost in a time-stream." Jay rambles. "Uh, they're Cole's." The Blue Ninja says, shifting the blame. "They're blue!" Cole exclaims. Kai chuckles. "You're lucky they're not yellow." The hothead says teasingly to Harumi. "Heh." Harumi huffs, trying for politeness while looking at Jay with a disgusted face. Lloyd expresses the same look behind her. 

 "Uh, Nya, didn't we have a lead on the SOG?" I ask, trying to get away from this awkward topic "Yeah, the suspect captured at the heist of Borg Tower. I can stay behind with Harumi if you wanna press him on who he works for." Nya suggests. "The police have him in custody, but he has refused to talk. He is set for release today." P.I.X.A.L.'s voice informs us from the monitor. "Then if Johny Law can't get him to talk, perhaps Johny Ninja can?" Kai jests while cracking his knuckles. 

A chime goes off from his pocket and he pulls out his phone. As he checks the text, the Red Ninja's face matches his color. Kai gives a cough and rubs the back of his neck trying to act cool. "On second thought, how about you guys go on ahead I'll catch up." The others look to each other and back to him. "Ok...if you insist." Lloyd says with a shrug before walking off with the other three Ninja.