Chapter 5

~skip till the break~

I said bye to most of my friends today they all left for the break.
The only ones who are staying from my year are me, Harry, Ron and Mattheo.
Ron would go home but his parents had to leave to one of his brothers in Romenia so he is staying.
And Mattheo is maybe just staying here to annoy the crap out of me.
I told Harry about the restricted section and I just thought that maybe he wanted to come.
And yes he wanted but we are not going today we are waiting till after Christmas.
I don't know why cause were not going to get anything like every year.
Not that I care but still and I didn't get Harry anything cause we can only get out of school (to something named Hogsmeade) when we are in third year.
So that sucks.
The good news is that I could convince Dumbledore to sleep in the Gryffindor dorms this break since my friends aren't here.
And I guess he just likes me or something.

~next day~

Today it was Christmas I was still asleep until I heard Ron scream.
"Harry, y/n you have presents!!!" He says.
Wait what we have presents?!?
I'm damn confused and run to the common room with Harry and Ron already there.
"Merry Christmas guys" i say.
"Merry Christmas y/n" Harry and Ron say.
I look and see for me two presents and for Harry two aswel.
"Go om Harry open them!!" I say.
He opens the first present and it's a Weasley sweater from Ron's mom.
That's really sweet of her.
In the next one is a cloak but not just a cloak an invisibility cloak!
It's damn cool and the card says he has to share.
So that's good news for me.
"Y/n now it's your turn!" Harry says.
I grab my fist present the same sweater as Harry but with my initial and not his.
"Your mom is amazing Ron" I say smiling and putting the sweater on.
"I will tell her" he says and winks.
I smile and open my other present.
It's a ring and a really beautiful one with a snake on it.

The ring:

"From who is it y/n?" Harry asks

"Euhm I don't know" I say taking the little card that was in the box.
It says:

Dear y/n
Since we hate each other I thought I maybe should give my enemy a present.
To be nice you know.
The snake is to match your house.
M-

This couldn't be someone else then Mattheo ofcourse but it's kinda weird that he gave me a present and I didn't give him something.
How did he even got away from hogwarts.
Oh wait he has people who actually like him from different years.
"And from who is it?" Ron asks this time.
"It's from McGonnagal since Harry got that broom for quidditch" I lie.
"That's cool" Harry says.
I nod and think about it the whole time why would he give me a present?

~next day~

Today me and Harry were going to the restricted section and lucky for us we have the invisibility cloak now!!!
So it won't be a problem.
Everything went good until Harry throw something on the floor and Filch almost caught us.
We got away and now we are standing in a room.
And there is nothing in it except a giant mirror.
"Woah Harry look at that mirror" I say.
"It's huge" he says.
I walk to it and look I see myself and my parents.
"Harry do you see the same as I do?" I ask.
"I see mom and dad" he says.
"Same" I say.
I looked away and looked back again.
This time I don't only saw my parents but next to me was a boy with brown curly hair and brown eyes.
Mattheo....
We were holding hands and he was smiling at me.
He looked a bit older but not that old like maybe a few years older then now just like me looking older aswel.
"Harry why do you think we see our parents?" I ask.
"Maybe it shows the future" Ron says.
Yup Ron was there aswel cause Harry wanted to show him our parents.
But Ron saw himself as quidditch captain.
"Not possible Ron our parents are dead" I say.

~a few days later~

"Back again y/n" I hear someone behind me say.
I was at the mirror again for the third time this week I just loved the sight.
I still was wondering why Mattheo was in the mirror but I was happy with looking at my parents.
And maybe looking at Mattheo aswel just a little bit....
I look behind me seeing Dumbledore standing there.
"Professor Dumbledore" I say looking at him.
"What's in the mirror?" I say.
"Don't you know that already y/n?
I thought you found out how it worked now.
I will give you a hint.
The happiest man on earth would only see himself just the way he is" Dumbledore says.
"So it's shows us what we want whatever we want?" I ask.
"Almost right, it shows our deepest desires and for you y/n that's seeing your parents again, and meeting true love." Dumbledore says.
"But professor if meeting true love is one of my deepest desires then why is Mattheo in the mirror?" I ask him.
"Well y/n I'm not entirely sure but I think that you have a little spot in your hart that actually doesn't hate him so much maybe even love him a bit" he says.
That can't be true I don't love Mattheo I hate him with everything I have he is the son of the man who killed my parents.
The only ones from who I knew they loved me for sure without having to be afraid they left.
"We are removing the mirror y/n and I want to ask you not to go look for it.
You can't stay in your dreams you have to live" he says.
"Your right professor thank you" I say
Well that was interesting....