Chapter 23:

"Long Distance Stuff And And surprises"

Simons POV:

It's been hard doing long distance, and honestly I hate it if we are being honest here... Being away from Wilhelm is the hardest thing ever. We both knew the presidents son and queens son being together would be difficult.. but we are making it work because we love each other. 

Our anniversary is coming up pretty soon, and we are both hoping we can fly out to see each other, we aren't sure if Wille wants to come here or I want to go see him. 

I really just wanna plan something super special for him and I.. something romantic, and something that just includes the two of us. We have not spoken much this week since he is busy and I am too with all this stuff going on at the white house.

I'm going to call him today and hopefully figure out what we are gonna be doing, who knows maybe we will end up just staying in and enjoying  each others company... in the stables 

(Red white and royal blue joke, go read the book if you haven't)

_

Wilhelm ended up calling Simon a bit later than usual, today he had been particularly busy around the castle. He waited for him to pick up he knew that Simon may be thinking that he was ignoring him half the time, but luckily he understands every time.. reasons why having the presidents son is so much easier then anyone else, he understands that things get busy and the load of things and events that are going on. 

This weekend is Simon and Wilhelm's anniversary, and unfortunately there is also a ball this weekend so he has to stay at the castle and was hoping Simon was invited.. so in curiosity he went to check the guest list. 

***Phone conversation***

Simon picked up 'Hey love' 

Wilhelm smiled hearing his voice 'hey handsome, so this weekend is our anniversary but-'

'You have to push it?' he asks a small sigh leaving his mouth 

He nods 'Yeah.. theres the yearly ball coming up this weekend and I was somehow just informed about it, I'm so sorry Simon I know we haven't seen each other in a couple of weeks.'

Simon shrugs 'I mean it's fine, I get it, I just- I miss you'

Wilhelm smiled 'I miss you too Simon' 

'Well it looks like someone named Simon Erickson is invited to the ball this weekend' 

He checked the list and smiled seeing his name 'You knew this entire time?' he asks 

Simon chuckled over the phone 'I called Malin, got her to talk to people and I did want to surprise you on Friday but I could not keep it a secret any longer'

Wilhelm smiles 'So I guess this kind of makes up for us not being able to celebrate.. us?' 

He nods and smiles 'Kind of, I still wanna celebrate our anniversary together, alone just me and you, maybe a bottle of champagne, dinner, something special'

'I love your ideas' he smiled 'How has everything been at the White House? everyone doing alright?'

Simon smiled he loved the fact that Wilhelm made sure to check in on not only him but his family too 'They are all doing really well, you will see them this weekend' 

Wilhelm nods 'I know I know, just wanna make sure everyone is alright, and I am beyond excited to have you in my arms again' he says and smiled thinking about it 

'Me too, you give some of the best hugs ever' he says happily 'Okay I need to pack.. so face time?' he asks 

He nods 'Yeah sounds good' he says and smiled 

***End Of Phone Conversation***

Wilhelm and Simon stayed on FaceTime for most of the evening, they just caught up on things they hadn't talked about yet.. and hung out having a good time while Simon was packing his bag.