One | Heat

A/N- YOU CAN CHOOSE
TO SKIP THE STORY AFTER THE
SIGN 。☬0☬。

Luca & Drew

          Today was quite sunny .Ok ,it wasn't quite because Drew was dripping from his head to his toes. He couldn't wait for his mother to be done with shopping so they could just go home and rest. With everystep he took ,the sun just seemed to be right above his head. He dabbed his handkerchief above his head again in an attempt to reduce the profuse sweating but the cloth on his palm already seemed damp .

“Ma , aren't you done yet ?” he asked irritatedly. The old woman was only wearing a free gown that went all the way to her knees and sun hat above her head .She seemed prepared for a weather like this. Meanwhile ,Drew had on a normal green T over faded blue jeans that didn't quite seem to reach his ankles over boots. He was eating breakfast when he heard her speak about booking an Uber to take her to Brianna's house sale.

   Brianna has been a family friend for quite a while now , she'd literally been there for Drew's birth ,his mother's divorce and all that yada yada too. He'd offered to take her to the thrift sale because he had nothing else to do and wanted to get his mind off his boyfriend, Luca ,who was out on a business trip. He was beginning to regret that decision greatly now because his Ma was busy picking stuffs she didn't need just because she wanted to please the other black woman .It made Drew want to roll his eyes till they got plucked from out of his head . Everything had become so frustrating and he didn't know if it was because of the weather or the thrift sale or because the weather and the damn thrift sale was making him think about his boyfriend.

     “Ma” he whined as the woman who had been ignoring him for the past five minutes placed her hand atop a green neck scarf .He scoffed , when did his mother start wearing scarfs ?.

“Oh Drew !—would you stop acting like a kid and just stay put for five seconds of your life ”

Drew frowned “But why'd you keep buying all this stuff you don't need ?” he asked curiously. The elder woman spun around quickly so she was pointing at his chest and also looking her son straight in the eye. Her sudden switch in demeanor caused Drew to fear .

“Because Brie is in a bad place right now and I want to help ” she muttered then spun back around to touch a vintage lamp .

“Just give her the cash ” he utters callously.

“Oh you know Bri, she won't take it ” she says with a small shake of her head . Drew purses his lips .Why won't she take it ?— he'd wanted to ask but decided that he was tired of talking about his mom's broke friend situation.

  His eyes begin to analyze everything around him until his eyes met baby blue night shorts with white lace linings that laid neatly on the table infront of him . Instantly ,he begins to think about Luca and just then ,his phone vibrates in the pocket of his jeans. He quickly pulls it out , switching it on and couldn't help but think about the odds .

Baby -
My love

His heart felt to burst out of his chest with the endearment .He was blushing furiously now .

Me -
Baby ...
I miss you ..

He sent back and immediately ,the other person began typing .

Baby -
Where are you ?

Drew began to type in a response immediately but the latter sent another ..

Baby-
I'm home ..

Drew widened his eyes in astonishment ,his fingers where halted as he stared at the white screen .The other man was till typing and somehow that seemed to fill his chest with so many unspeakable feelings .