Killer - Bucky Barnes

The whole team is either sitting or standing in the livingroom, looking at Tony.

Bucky's sitting opposite me, looking down at his hands and pulling his sleeve over his metal hand to hide it.

I don't move my eyes until he looks up at me. Then I turn away and look back at the ground.

Tony's voice echoes through my mind as I try to make sense of what he's saying.

"This is enough. Barnes is a threat. A threat, Rogers. He's not your little best friend who used to protect you. He's the type of man who'll kill you to get an answer. Which, as a matter of fact, he almost did."

Steve gets angry.

"You don't get to say that, Stark. What would happen if I told you the experiments you're making on machines could actually harm the world much more than Bucky?"

"Oh, so you admit it, Barnes could harm the world." Tony says.

"Guys calm down this isn't-" Natasha starts, but is ignored.

"NO, Rogers. He is not staying here, nor is he going to be set free under my watch. S.H.I.E.L.D. is coming to pick him up tonight and he's gonna leave. You can go cry in your bedroom, Rogers." Tony says.

That startles Steve and he gets up to fight Tony.

I get up in time and place my hand on his chest to calm him.

He catches a glimpse of my face, shaking my head. Steve calms down and steps back.

"I don't care what you try to threaten me with, Stark. But Bucky isn't going to some lab. Not while I have anything to say about it." Steve says and leaves the room.

Before Steve leaves the room, I realize that Bucky is gone.

I look around and catch a glimpse of him running towards the staircase.

I turn to Stark, angrily.

"Way to go, Stark." I say before leaving and following Bucky up the staircase.

He runs when he sees someone following him and I try to keep up.

But Bucky soon vanishes up the steps and I hear the sound of a door closing.

I sigh, walking up the rest of the stairs and get out of the staircase and into the hallway.

There are many doors on this floor, but they're all empty.

All of them are permanently locked except for a guestroom and the end of the hall.

I honestly don't know why Tony put a room on this floor.

I hold the door to the staircase and close it quietly. I also take off my shoes and walk on the grey carpet towards the door on the end.

It's not completely shut, but I can hear someone crying quietly. Deciding that I should help him, I open the door a bit and see Bucky sitting on the floor on the other side of the bed.

"James?" I ask.

He doesn't turn to me. He quickly wipes his tears away and pulls his legs up towards him.

I've always called him James, and I think he's okay with it.

"Hey," I step through the doorframe and  slowly walk to the bed, sitting on the edge, next to Bucky.

Bucky's holding his head in his hands, not daring to look up.

I hear quiet whimpers coming from him and kneel next to him.

"James please talk to me." I put my hand on his arm.

"Don't call me that." he says.

I pull back, shocked. He's always liked it. Especially when I was comforting him.

"Stark is right. I am a killer. All I've ever done is kill." he whispers, lifting his head.

His eyes are red, his face wet from crying.

I put my hand on his cheek, slowly turning his head towards me.

"That's not true." I whisper, scared of creating a louder sound.

A tear falls down Bucky's cheek and I wipe it away. But he grabs my hand gently, taking it off him.

"I'm sorry." he says, "For everything I've done." He starts crying again and puts his head back in his hands.

I feel tears well up in my own eyes.

"James Buchanan Barnes." I say, making Bucky look at me and my tears flowing down my cheek.

"That's the name your mother gave to you when you were born." I whisper.

He looks me deep in the eyes and doesn't blink.

"That's the name I heard when you were introduced to me," I hold onto his metal hand, "not the Winter Soldier."

I lean down and kiss his metal hand, slowly, and carefully.

Looking up at Bucky, I sit in between his knees.

"And it's the name that I wish to have by my side till the end of the line."

Bucky chuckles, letting his smile slip through.

"I mean it." He looks at me and nods.

He leans his forehead against mine and I close my eyes, enjoying the moment.

Bucky sighs, his chest rising and falling visibly. He keeps his eyes closed even when I pull back.

I put a strand of his hair behind his ear, letting my fingertips wander accross his cheekbone and jawline.

Bucky opens his eyes again, this time closer to me than before.

He smiles sadly, knowing that he can trust me and pushes his lips onto mine.

Bucky kisses me softly and I put my arms around his neck.

He pulls back and looks down at me.

"Thank you." he whispers.

"You're not a killer, James. Never were and never will be." I say, kissing him again.

_______

heyyy guysssss

it's been reaaaally long but here it is!

hope you're all doing well!

x

Brooke