Wings - Sam Wilson

Word count: 655

...

"Hey," I say, carrying two heavy bags filled with metal bars, "is this enough?"

I grunt, hauling them onto the table, in the centre of the atelier. Sam looks up from his clipboard at the bags.

"Yeah," he approaches me and pats my shoulder, "that's great. Thanks, kid."

I nod and wipe my hands with a damp cloth: "Should I go get Tony?"

Sam frowns at me: "What for? Whatever he can do, we can do too. And better."

I shrug, "I doubt that," I mumble. Stepping to the opposite wall and grabbing some instruments, we start working on the bigger chunks of metal, shaping them to the correct size for a new set of wings.

Sam has been needing new ones for a while, but the option turned into a need a couple of days ago when they were destroyed in an explosion.

Steve, Bucky, Wanda, Pietro, Clint and Natasha are also in the atelier, working on their things, though Wanda uses the back kitchen to cook lunch.

This is the only place Tony lets us build our things. We even set a rule. This atelier is where we get to do our crafts, without having him say anything about it.

He'll correct you into doing what he wants whenever he gets the chance, to be exact.

There's some music playing through the speakers, though it's pretty quiet. After spending the whole morning on the wings, my hands got pretty red and tired.

Just as I was about to squeeze a piece to fixate on another, I slip and the metal strikes my skin deep, leaving a long cut.

"Fuck-" I groan.

As a reflex, Steve opens his mouth: "Language."

"Not the time, Rogers," I whimper, making him look up and see the small puddle of blood in my hand.

Pietro, Wanda, Sam, Bucky and Natasha immediately have their protective senses heightened. But Sam is the quickest. He immediately brings my hand to the sink and drips the blood, grabs the clean cloth that Wanda hands him and presses it against my hand.

I groan, looking at my hand.

"Hold it up," Nat says, "don't let more blood flow towards it."

Clint looks over at the Sokovian twins: "Pietro, med pack."

He understands and disappears, coming back in a split second, and giving the pack to Clint. He opens the med pack and Sam guides me to sit down by the table, still holding my hand somewhat upward.

Steve helps hold up my arm and I see everyone standing there. Either Pietro behind me with his hand on my shoulder, Bucky sitting next to me, holding my other hand, Nat calling Tony, Vision and Bruce down while giving me a sad smile, Wanda next to Pietro, leaning down and leaving a kiss on my head.

Everyone is here.

"You don't all have to stay here. I'm okay, really," I say, making some of them smile, and others simply chuckle. But none of them move.

I look at Sam, who removes the cloth from my hand and sighs in relief when he sees the wound stopped bleeding. He proceeds to disinfect it, apply salve and wrap it gently.

"Hey, we heard, is she okay?" Tony and Bruce barge in, seeing everyone around the table and me.

I look up and smile sweetly: "You're all more worried than I am."

They chuckle and the crowd slowly disperses, not before Wanda gives me another kiss on the forehead.

I look back at Sam who sits down and continues his work, slower and more careful this time.

I stick out my uninjured hand and grab a piece of metal, only to have it slapped off.

"Uh uh," Nat declares, "no more building for you today, young lady."

I smile and lean back in the chair, looking over at Sam: "Sorry, Sam. I guess you'll have to work half as quick."

He chuckles, shaking his head: "Don't worry. I'd rather have you than the wings any day."

I smile.

...

hope ya'll liked it!

I'm all out of ideas, but I'm sure you all have some, so leave requests

here!

have a great Sunday!

x

Brooke