Spiderkiss - Peter Parker pt. 2

Ever since that day, I've been going to the compound every day after school to either train with Natasha or work in the lab with Tony.

Peter and I almost never see each other again and every training session keeps getting harder and harder to finish.

Every night I come home and throw myself onto the bed. My grades and all aren't getting worse- they've actually improved a lot since I began working with the Avengers. But I feel so drained. Emotionally. Spiritually.

I feel like I could jump off a cliff. Just to see what would happen. I thought working with the Avengers was the dream. And it is. It's just not enough. Every day I see Steve coming back from a mission, telling us all about what happened, the dangers they had to face, the fighting and the experience.

But what good is training if you never do the exam?

So today I texted Nat and told her I couldn't make it to training. That I needed some time off for myself. Of course she understood. She's amazing.

And then I facetimed Peter.

"Hey," I say, while taking off my shoes.

"Hey, uh-" he grunts and I look at the screen.

"Are you swinging and facetiming at the same time? Really?!" I laugh, throwing my backpack on the bed.

I sit down by my window and look at my boyfriend's masked face.

"No..." Peter laughs while pulling himself up with a web.

"Wait, are you in Manhattan?" I ask, seeing the empire state building in the background.

"I might be." I can hear Peter's grin in his tone.

"What are you doing in Manhattan?" I ask.

"Well, I had to get my girl a present for her birthday." he says.

I blush.

"But my birthday isn't for another month!" I laugh.

Peter swings onto a roof and squats down, taking off his mask, revealing his messy hair.

"How's this? I come over to your place after getting your present and then you can open it early?" he smiles.

"Only if I get a spiderkiss." I smile. Peter chuckles.

"Deal." he says and puts his mask back on.

"I gotta go, babe, I'll be home soon." he says and hangs up.

I let my phone fall onto my lap and blush with a big smile.

<*\>>

Getting up from the window, I walk over to my vinyl player and grab a Taylor Swift record, putting it on the player and gently dropping the needle.

Paper Rings starts playing and I tidy some of the things in my room, swaying around to the song.

I sort some of the books on my shelves and water my plants.

Soon I hear a knock on my window and see an all too familiar mask.

I feel myself smile and rush over to the window, quickly opening it.

I gently take Peter's mask off and smile at him. He smiles back and I kiss him. I tug on his hair and he does his best not to fall.

"Hi." I say.

He smiles at me, staring into my eyes.

"Hi." he answers.

Peter sticks a small brown bag out and hands it to me. I take it into my hands and step back, letting him climb in.