Chapter Five

Chapter Five ~ Admitting 

(Y/n) sighed as she laid on the bed, her body sore and aching. Phoenix was in the bed next to her, also relaxing into her bed.

There were no words exchanged between them, both of them not sure what to say, silence enveloping them. 

Two topics in particular were going through Phoenix's head, though she didn't know how to bring it up to (Y/n).

"I know what you're thinking about." (Y/n) broke the silence, it shattering like a porcelain doll.

Phoenix turned her head to look at the female, who was staring at the ceiling, blinking slowly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Phoenix questioned, (Y/n) then turning her head to look at her.

"Which part?" She raised an eyebrow, Phoenix sighing heavily.

"The part where you're Rooster's sister." Phoenix answered, (Y/n) nodding at this.

"I'm not exactly proud of it." (Y/n) shrugged, looking back at the ceiling, Phoenix furrowing her eyebrows.

"Why not?" She questioned, (Y/n) letting out a sigh of her own.

"Why so curious?" (Y/n) questioned, looking around the room.

"We have to trust each other in the air, communication is key." Phoenix answered easily, (Y/n) letting out a chuckle.

"You make it sound like we're dating." (Y/n) blurted out, before realizing what she said. Phoenix, too, was shocked by what came out of her mouth, turning her head away from the female, (Y/n) immediately regretting what she said.

With how (Y/n) looked away, she missed the pondering look on Phoenix's face, and perhaps a slight pink discoloration.

"So-" (Y/n) broke the silence that had briefly made it's way into the middle of the conversation, "-why did you get so angry when Bagman called me a fag?"

Phoenix then turned her head to look at (Y/n), a perplexed look on her face, "Why wouldn't I get mad?"

(Y/n) shrugged again, "I don't know, it's not exactly something-" She tried to think of what to say, "-to be proud of, or really talked about nowadays."

Phoenix wasn't sure how to respond, looking away from (Y/n), thoughts running through her head faster than her jet ever flew.

(Y/n) closed her eyes, exhaustion flooding over her, though she had to ask before she fell asleep.

"Do you like my brother?" (Y/n) questioned, hiding any sort of emotion that would influence Phoenix's answer.

Phoenix didn't skip a beat when answering, "No-" She cleared her throat, slight nervousness making its way to her, before she kept talking, "-I'm gay."

Much to Phoenix's displeasure, (Y/n) didn't answer. 

Phoenix looked over, only to see the female fast asleep.

✵ Chapter Five ~ Admitting ✵

(Sorry for the short chapter)

𝗣𝗵𝗼𝗲𝗻𝗶𝘅

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ᴅᴀᴛᴀ ʜᴀꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴄᴏʀʀᴜᴘᴛᴇᴅ

𝚃𝚢𝚙𝚎: 𝗥𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗰 (C̷o̷r̷r̷u̷p̷t̷ ̷D̷a̷t̷a̷)

𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚎: 𝟱𝟬%

𝙄𝙣𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚