Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight ~ Beach Day- Part 1

(Y/n) opened her eyes, blinking a few times, noticing something warm over her waist. (Y/n) looked down, confusion overtaking her when she saw an arm, before it clicked in her head.

She quickly looked behind her, Phoenix fast asleep, her arm slung over (Y/n).

(Y/n) didn't know how to get out of this, the warmth Phoenix radiated a nice change to how she normally woke up cold. She looked at the clock on her nightstand, the time saying 04:00, two hours before she'd have to get up.

(Y/n) internally debated what she should do, before she felt Phoenix turn around, her arm moving from around her waist.

(Y/n) felt a frown come onto her face at the lack of warmth, turning on her right side, the way Phoenix turned.

(Y/n) laid with her eyes open for a bit, biting her lip, in deep thought, trying to debate if this was a good idea.

(Y/n)'s body moved before her mind could properly decide if this was a good idea.

(Y/n) gently laid her arm over Phoenix's waist, pulling her gently into her body.

Phoenix was warm as ever, (Y/n) resting her chin on Phoenix's head, Phoenix not awakening.

(Y/n) had a mini heart attack when Phoenix turned back around, towards her, before she realized the female was still fast asleep.

(Y/n) slowly let herself relax, Phoenix's breathing steady and slow, giving the other female something to lull her to sleep.

Phoenix slowly opened her eyes, the scent of vanilla hitting her nose. She furrowed her eyebrows, blinking as her eyes focused.

Her eyes slightly widened when she realized she was facing someone's body, their arm slung over her.

She looked up, only to relax seeing (Y/n)'s relaxed face. (Y/n) usually had a tense, serious, face on, this being a nice change, to see the female be relaxed.

Phoenix felt herself relax too, (Y/n)'s body being more cool than warm, but it was pleasant.

Phoenix glanced over (Y/n)'s shoulder, the time saying 05:48, (Y/n) would be waking up soon.

Phoenix laid her head back down, releasing a heavy sigh. She couldn't go back to sleep, her heart beating faster and faster, as though it was going to beat out of her chest.

Phoenix thought back to Rooster's question, "Do you like my sister?"

Phoenix took a moment to realize her fast-beating heart again, the way her cheeks were slightly warmer than they should've been, and the simple fact she felt happy.

Phoenix let out a small smile as she shut her brown eyes again, content welling in her chest, her knowing the answer to tell Rooster.

(Y/n) was awoken for the second time, but, this time, by an obnoxious beeping.

It didn't take long for her to get her bearings, seeing Phoenix in the same place as before she fell asleep.

(Y/n) gently removed her arm from on top of Phoenix, turning and shutting off her alarm.