Ending Number One

✵ Ending Number One ✵

There will be multiple endings.

Maverick never ran so fast.

He ran without stop, no matter how much his legs begged him to stop and slow down, he forced himself to keep going.

There was smoke rising, where (Y/n)'s jet had landed in quite the explosion.

As he dodged and weaved between trees, he saw a broken path of trees and dirt split, revealing the cause of the smoke rising into the air.

There was (Y/n)'s jet, Maverick getting a sick feeling in his stomach.

It was aflame, his eyes darting around as he tried to find the one who had once flown such a jet.

His eyes widened, catching a familiar green suit in the snow.

It was (Y/n).

She had finally gotten to her feet when Maverick got to her, shoving her forward, (Y/n) letting out a sound of pain when he did that.

"Holy shit." (Y/n) muttered, turning onto her back, though it was no use...she couldn't see who did it.

Maverick's eyes widened in horror, (Y/n) had a bad gash on her forehead, blood coating the left side of her face. But what really caught his attention, was the burns on her face, her eyes open, but there wasn't hardly anything to distinguish where...her eyes were.

She had burns all over her, her uniform burned in some spots, cuts and forming bruises evident on her (s/c) skin.

It was a gory scene, one that almost made Maverick throw up on the spot.

"Who's there?" (Y/n) shouted, backing up helplessly, whatever Maverick could make out to be her eye, darting around.

(Y/n)'s breathing was labored, her putting an arm over her abdomen, her breathing coming out in wheezes.

"It's-" Maverick almost had his voice break, "-its Maverick!"

(Y/n)'s eyes? widened, her shaking her head.

"I-I can't see you!" She cried, pain raw in her voice, her adrenaline running off.

She felt an intense, blazing, pain in her face, her eyes specifically, her ears ringing, some things muffled. There was a horrible pain in her chest, feeling like she was being stabbed. She could feel something dripping onto her collar, unbeknownst to her being her own blood from a gash on her forehead.

The last thing she remembered was hitting her head right when her jet connected with the ground, something had gone wrong with her ejection.

Next thing she knew, she thought her eyes had opened, some noise coming through, feeling something cold on her cheek.

Maverick rushed forward, bending down next to the female, his breathing speeding up, he hardly knew how to administer a tourniquet, much less take care of wounds to this degree.

He lifted her head onto his lap, allowing her minimal comfort.

"You-" He tried to think of what to do, helplessness sinking in, he didn't know what to do, "You'll be okay."

(Y/n) didn't know if she was crying, the sting in her eyes could've been from anything at this point.

(Y/n) shook her head, the pain slowly dying out, though she didn't think for the reason that Maverick would've liked.

She could feel it.

"Maverick." Her voice had gotten quiet, her voice slightly raw, "How bad is it?"

Maverick gulped, his eyes shutting as he tried to fight off the tears that were fighting to come to his eyes, "I-it's just a scratch!"

(Y/n) felt a weak laugh bubble up, though she was interrupted by a violent cough, speckles of blood coming out with it.

"Tell me the truth." She painfully leaned back, the slight warmth she could feel from Maverick giving her some form of dejavu.

"You..." He shook his head, his voice breaking, "...it's not looking good."

(Y/n) pursed her lips, now she was certain of it.

She was crying.

(Y/n) blinked slowly, her body going numb and cold.

"Maverick." She whispered, her body getting weak. "Take...care of Bradley and-" Another violent fit of coughing cut her off, something coming up her throat. She turned and hacked it out, Maverick not able to look, a blood clump.

(Y/n) heaved for air, her throat burning horribly, the taste of iron making itself known in her mouth.

Blood came from the corner of her mouth, leaning back into the comfort of Maverick's lap.

Though Maverick knew she couldn't see him, she was looking right into his eyes.

"I can feel it..." She muttered, a weak smile coming onto her face, "...it's almost time."

Maverick shook his head, finally letting those damned tears come to his face.

"No! Not yet!" He looked around trying to somehow find a way out, there was always a way out.

(Y/n) weakly shook her head, "No..." She whispered. "...I'm-" She weakly reached up, into her flight suit, pulling something out...her silver dog tags. "-sorry..."

She used the rest of her strength to pull them off her neck, pushing them into Maverick's chest, wanting him to have them.

"No, no! Kid!"

(Y/n) couldn't hear what he was saying, her hearing slowly failing her.

Her mind flashed her life before her eyes, pain surging through her body in hellish waves.

When her dad died, the funeral.

Being kicked out.

Joining the Navy.

Being called to Top Gun.

Being called back to Top Gun...

Making up with Bradley...

And...that night.

Her mind stopped on a certain memory.

(Y/n) was in darkness, though she heard something.

"Woah my love, my darling, I've hungered for your touch..."

It was quiet, though was getting closer.

Something else was coming to her...a scent, a feeling?

The scent of vanilla, the warmth of tan skin...

It was like she could almost...feel it.

Maverick watched as a small smile came onto her face, before looking to her eyes...the light fading.

"And time goes by, so slowly..."

She could feel her hips swaying, the music in the background, the golden lighting.

(Y/n) slowly felt the pain fading, she could envision the memory perfectly.

"I need your love; god speed your love to me..."

(Y/n) didn't feel the pain anymore, she wasn't hurting anymore. The memory was becoming more and more vivid...almost like she was there again...

"To the open arms of the sea..."

The warmth of the sunlight on her skin, the feeling of skin on her skin.

"Wait for me..."

The sight of black hair, tan skin, the most beautiful brown eyes she had ever seen...

(Y/n) could see it, she was there again, slow dancing, embracing the one she loved most.

"I'll be coming home...wait for me..."

✵ The End ✵