Chapter Six

✵ Chapter Six ~ Reconcile ✵

(Y/n) slowly opened her eyes, before realizing where she was, still in the hospital wing. She looked to the side, seeing Phoenix fast asleep.

(Y/n) looked back towards the ceiling, the crinkling of the cheap sheets under her making her cringe. 

She thought of what Phoenix said last night, "I'm gay."

For the first time in a while, (Y/n) felt a flush come onto her face, her heart speeding up. (Y/n) snapped out of her thoughts whence she realized how her body was reacting, flushed, heart speeding up, butterflies in the stomach, this wasn't good.

(Y/n) quickly got up out of the bed, careful to not wake Phoenix, quickly grabbing whatever belongings she had, before making her way out.

(Y/n) slowly dragged herself back to her dorm, despite getting some form of sleep last night, she felt exhausted.

Much to her displeasure, once she reached the appropriate floor, something was amiss. She didn't know what it was, but something was off.

(Y/n) walked closer to her room, taking out her key, only, when she went to put it in, the door creaked open slowly.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as she carefully pushed the door open, the lights of her dorm being on. (Y/n) stepped in quietly, as to not alarm whoever might be there that she was home.

"Oh you son of a bitch." (Y/n) spoke, immediately seeing who it was that got into her dorm.

Rooster simply lifted the shirt he was using as a sleep mask off his face, having been sleeping in (Y/n)'s room.

"What do you want?" She snapped, quickly moving around to pick up her dorm.

Rooster just sat up in the bed, watching her, before speaking, "I don't like how things went last time we were together."

"Oh? Which time, the time Hangman called me a fag or when you took mom's side and went against me becoming a pilot?" (Y/n) turned around, anger clear on her face.

Rooster cringed at the memory, though cleared his throat, "I know what-"

"I know what you're going to say Bradley, the same shitty apology you administer to anyone when you don't really feel bad." (Y/n) cut him off, "'I know what I did was wrong and I want to make up', yeah well too bad asshole, you're the reason I was kicked out."

Rooster tried to think of what to say, not able to deny what she said was false.

"After dad died, you got hellbent on just getting revenge on Maverick, that's all you focused on!" (Y/n) got louder and louder, stepping closer to the male, "You missed how mom had become depressed, how I was feeling about it-" (Y/n) narrowed her eyes into a glare, "-give me one god damn reason to not beat the shit out of you right here."

Rooster looked down, he knew what needed to be said, him slowly gulping down his pride so he could actually say it.

"I am sorry." Was all he said, three words, eight letters.

(Y/n)'s angered look didn't diminish, though Rooster saw her anger waver for just a moment.

(Y/n), on the other hand, kept her angered look on, though internally she was shocked, she had never heard her brother apologize, for anything. 

"I am sorry for getting you kicked out, for neglecting you, for being a shitty brother-" Rooster cut himself off, "-not even brother, a shitty person."

(Y/n) slowly let down her angered look, the way Rooster was speaking was something she had never, and thought would never, hear. He was being genuine and seemed genuinely saddened, trying his best to apologize.

"I hope you know I'm going to need more than an apology, to build up our relationship again." (Y/n) sighed, finally letting her guard drop, turning away from him.

Rooster smiled slightly, before nodding, "I figured so."

(Y/n) went back to cleaning before Rooster broke the silence.

"But you left out a part of the conversation." He pointed out, (Y/n) glancing over her should at him, as if asking what he was talking about. "Don't think I missed how you went and stopped Phoenix, and not me."

(Y/n) let out a snort, "Yeah, I was hoping Hangman would beat the shit out of you."

Rooster wasn't impressed nor satisfied with this answer, "Something tells me that isn't the story, or, at least, the entire story."

(Y/n) paused from cleaning, before shrugging and resuming, "I don't know what you're talking about." She lied right through her teeth.

Rooster kept persisting, "I know there's something going on here, something you won't tell me."

(Y/n) didn't respond, instead choosing to ignore him, but Rooster wouldn't give up.

"What is it?" He kept pushing, before he started guessing, "Do you and Phoenix not get along or-" Rooster's eyes widened as his mind slowly pieced together what was going on, (Y/n) flinching when he all of a sudden went quiet, her figuring out that he figured it out.

"Do you like Phoenix?"

(Y/n), at that, turned to him in a hurry, putting on her best defensive look and voice, "You are this close-" She put her thumb and pointer finger close together, "-to getting your ass beat and kicked out of this dorm."

Rooster put his hands up in defense, (Y/n) scowling and going back to cleaning, this time more aggressively.

Rooster watched her back for a moment, trying to think of what to do to get an answer out of her.

"Well I suppose you don't-" Rooster spoke slightly loudly, catching (Y/n)'s attention, though she made no attempt to acknowledge him, "-I'll just confess to her tomorrow."

(Y/n) froze at this, some form of dread? Fear? Jealousy? she couldn't identify the feeling sunk in, and, she knew one thing for certain, she didn't like it.

(Y/n) took a second to respond, before trying to play it off.

"Go ahead then, I want to see how it'll go." (Y/n), though her voice was nonchalant, her face was a twist of anger and a smirk.

Rooster didn't plan on her actually saying that, him letting out an exasperated sigh.

"I mean-" He tried to think of how to get her attention again, "-you can always help me, yeah?"

(Y/n) immediately shook her head, "No thank you." She responded simply, not skipping a beat when she answered.

Rooster then picked up on how she was feeling, even if she didn't know how she felt.

He decided to keep egging her on, "I mean, think of how much of a good couple we'd make-" He quickly glanced at her, not missing how she froze and looked over her shoulder at him before continuing what she was doing, "-I think she likes me back."

(Y/n) looked about to lose her shit, steam basically pouring out of her ears, as she tried to keep her cool.

"I wonder if she's a good kisse-"

"Okay asshole, I know what you're playing at, and what you're wanting me to admit." (Y/n) turned to face him, Rooster making a face of faux confusion.

"Oh? What would that be?" He played dumb, (Y/n) so worked up she took the bait.

"That I like Phoenix."

✵ End of Chapter Six ✵