SEVEN!

evies pov:
todays 4th of july and im super super excited. 4th of july has always been one of my favorite holidays, but now that my parents are divorced my dad is bringing his new girlfriend.

"jere you don't understand" i sigh laying back on his bed while he sits up against the bed frame. "i don't want to see him with anyone, especially some grad school student"

"she can't be that bad, maybe she's hot" he chuckles

i smack his knee and roll over onto my stomach. i sink my face into his sheets and sigh. "why is life so hard" i say muffled into the bed

"you're asking the wrong person"

"i know" i laugh

"oh by the way justin texted me saying he's down to do fireworks with us, and that he texted with you about it already?"

"oh yeah it was my idea"

"oh sweet!"

"how many fireworks do we have?" i ask

"i'm not sure an exact number but a lot"

"good, i want to one up justin" i say causing us both to laugh. i hear a knock on the door frame and see steven in the doorway. "woah woah woah, save room for jesus" he says sliding in between us on the bed, even though we weren't even close together.

i roll over onto my back again. "shut up steven, it's not like you and shayla save any room for jesus"

"okay well shaylas different. jere is like my brother and you're my actual sister, it's gross!" he cries out

"whatever stevie" i say getting up from the bed and flicking his forehead

i get ready for the party and put on this cute blue and white dress with some red pura-vids bracelets on. i put my new star earrings into my double piercings and look at myself in the full body mirror.

"ooo you look good" belly says coming up from behind me, looking in the mirror too.

"and same for you" i smile

"girls! come down and help set up please" susannah shouts

we walk down the stairs and help put out the food and decorations. eventually my dad and his new girlfriend arrive. conrad, belly, steven, jere and i all rush to the front door to spy through the window.

"she IS hot" jere says hitting my shoulder. "i told you so"

"please don't hit on her" i face palm

"oh shit she's coming go go go" steven says as we all step back to greet her as she walks in.

she walks in and smells heavily of hazelnut and vanilla. she has a somewhat high pitched voice and very white teeth. "hi guys! i'm victoria! it's so nice to meet you! your dad talks about you guys all the time" she smiles

we all introduce ourselves to her and the party begins. outside i start talking to my dad and i spot jeremiah and victoria talking. i walk over to them. "hi guys! what's up?"

"oh not much! we're just talking about music, mainly sza. do you listen to her?"

"yes of course!" i laugh sitting on the edge of the pool next to jere looking at her. the three of us talk for a bit until some more people arrive at the party. victoria brings us inside and tells us about how she brought fruit for us to make margaritas.