EIGHT!

belly's pov:
i screwed up. big time.

last night after the party everyone went down to the beach to do fireworks. i didn't feel like going and either did conrad.

we were talking in the living room and things started to get a little romantic? and right when we were about to kiss, nicole called him. he answered his phone and made plans with nicole, right in front of me! he was acting like what had just ALMOST happened never did.

i just decided to get into the pool and that's when jeremiah came outside and jumped in with me. i was so mad at conrad that i didn't even realize what i was doing until it was too late.

jeremiah seemed tense, and i was tense too. i usually go swimming to relax and i guess things just led up to us kissing. i didn't even enjoy the kiss either.

now she's going off with conrad and ignoring me. i don't blame her if she does end up going for conrad. i deserve it.

evies pov
i do genuinely want to learn to surf, and since i'm angry with belly why not use conrad as a teacher.

we walk down to the water and he starts teaching me. i eventually get the hang of how to stay on the board, and just the basic stuff.

"okay i'm done, i have hair full of sand and im tired"

"want to sit on the sand and just talk? you seem tense"

"yeah sure"

we sit on the sand and don't say anything. out of his beach bag conrad pulls out a pack of cigarettes and hands me one.

i laugh. "is this your way of finding out why i left last night" i ask

"yea maybe a little" he laughs softly

i stick the cig between my lips and let him light it.

"you don't have to tell me if you don't want t-"

i cut him off. "nah i will, just let me loosen up a bit"

"i'll tell you about my shitty night in return" he says.

i nod while blowing smoke out of my lips.

"alright so i had a moment with someone when you guys were doing fireworks, and during the moment we almost shared a kiss, but i got a phone call from nicole asking to hang out." he pauses

"is that all..?" i chuckle

"no, be patient"

"YOU KNOW HOW IMPATIENT I AM" i start laughing

"jesus did a cigarette really loosen you up that quickly" he laughs

"i don't smoke often now shush and tell your story dumbass"

"anyways so, stupidly i made plans with nicole in front of the other girl"

i gasp "oh my gosh conrad, you're such a heartbreaker" i say putting my hand over my mouth

"SHUT UP EVIE" he laughs throwing sand at me. "i was basically acting like the moment never happened. and when i hung out with nicole i don't know why i expected something genuine but all it was was just us kissing for like 30 minutes. and when my dad was here we got in a fight, which i'm not surprised about i'm just disappointed, you know?"

"seems like we had a similar night" i say

"how so?"

"i was doing fireworks with justin when we almost shared a kiss too"

he cuts me off. "justin davis?!"

"yes why"

"god evie he's such a man whore. why him of all people?"