NINETEEN!

evies pov:
i wake up and roll over to see belly texting someone and smiling.

"who's got you all happy this early?" i ask while rubbing my eyes

"cam cameron" she says

"what?!" i blurt out

"i know i'm sorry, but conrad's talking to nicole again so i went back to cam"

"oh jesus. it's too early for this" i roll over and close my eyes again

"don't go back to sleep! we're all going on the boat today"

"what? when? and which boat?"

"in like 45 minutes on the speed boat, we're gonna waterski and use the rafts"

"okay then i can sleep for another 15 minutes"

"whatever, don't complain to me when you didn't have enough time to pack a bag and put on waterproof mascara!" belly laughs

i groan and get out of bed. i flatten out my messy bed head and start to pack a small bag for the boat ride.

i put some sunscreen in my bag and a few other things before changing into a swimsuit. i slip on some jean shorts over my swimsuit and walk into jeremiah's room to grab one of his shirts.

"goodmorning to you too" he says coming up from behind me and snaking his arms around my waist

"morning sleepyhead" i say as he puts his head on my shoulder. he starts to sway us side to side as i look through his closet.

"you should wear this shirt" he says letting go of me and pulling a shirt off of the hanger.

"why this one specifically?" i chuckle

"because its smaller than my other ones so it actually fits you" he laughs tossing the shirt at me

i put it on over my swimsuit top and adjust the neck of it. i kiss jeremiah on the cheek and walk downstairs to eat something quickly before we go.

...

conrad starts the boat and the wind starts to blow my hair around. i put on some sunscreen and sit down watching the birds fly over us as we start to speed up a bit.

"i call aux!!" i say turning on the speaker

my mother groans. "please don't play any trashy music! play something we all want to hear"

"alright i'll play a mix of everyone's music" i say tapping the create playlist button. i put some of stevens rap music, the moms 80s music, and just a mix of everything else.

you belong with me starts to play and jeremiah and i gasp and look at each other. "dance with me!" he says and pulls me up from my seat.

we dance around on the boat screaming the lyrics at each other while everyone else laughs and sings along with us.

oh, i remember you driving to my house
in the middle of the night

i'm the one who makes you laugh when you know you're 'bout to cry

i know your favorite songs and you tell me 'bout your dreams, think i know where you belong think i know it's with me.

as this part plays he pretends to have a microphone in his hand and sings to me, causing me to laugh.

...

whenever we go on the boat it's always super super fun. we take turns on the rafts and the waterskis, and the moms even try these things. some summers we do it when the dads are here but they've hardly even been around this summer, so it was just the moms and kids. honestly the summer house is for the moms and kids, it's really just better that way.