THIRTEEN!

(a/n: hi guys before i start this i was just wondering if you guys are liking the story! i notice my reads and votes have started to go down and i want you guys to be reading something you enjoy, so if you have any recommendations or ideas pls comment them! if you do have something to say, please be nice about it! tysm for all the reads ily guys sm)

evies pov:
i wake up and quickly jump in the shower. we don't have much time to waste because everyone needs to eat and get ready in less than 2 hours.

i pull my hair into a tight ponytail and put on my white and green/yellow team belly shirt. i go downstairs and make myself a bowl of different fruits.

i plop a grape in my mouth and wave at conrad. "finally someones ready, i've been eating alone"

"ooh whatcha eatin?" he says looking into my bowl. he reaches into the bowl and grabs a few blueberries and 2 grapes. "thank you!" he laughs pulling out a chair next to me.

"so i need your help" he says

"with?" i say putting a strawberry in my mouth

"my mom wants me to ask belly to the debutante ball"

"are you gonna do it? didn't you call debs sheep"

"yes but i want to do it, i just don't know how"

"well, wish her good luck and ask her when you do that"

"i guess that could work, i'll try. but what about you? have you asked jere? or did he ask you??"

"nope. and i don't really know what to do because he even ditched gigi, and he's he ditched her for me but he swore off balls."

"he likes you a lot, i'm sure he would do it for you"

"maybe. i do need to ask him sooner than later" i scratch my head

"maybe ask him sometime today" conrad says getting up

"yeah maybe i will" i say getting up as well and placing my dish in the sink.

...

at the tournament it's me and belly on a team, with conrad and jere as our subs. so far out of the two matches we've played we've been doing very well, and we still are.

i hit the ball diving into the sand. i quickly stand back up and continue playing. the match is soon over and we play a few more matches after that. eventually it's the final round. belly and i do our handshake and i whisper in her ear

"we're gonna kill it"

she smiles and nods her head, and then the game starts. i'm super hot and sweaty and starting to get very tired. adrenaline is rushing  through my body making me stay strong.

i hit the volleyball, getting us out final point. belly comes running over to me and we hug. susannah, jeremiah, conrad, and my mom all come running over to us.

"WE DID IT!!" belly says pulling me into a deep hug

"HOW MUCH MONEY DID WE RAISE?" i ask susannah

"FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!" susannah says proudly

we all celebrate and i go talk to shayla and steven.

"congratulations!" they both say

"thanks! you guys did great! i had fun playing against you guys" i smile