EIGHTEEN!

evies pov:
after a long night of board games with everyone we all decided to sleep. i finally slept in my own bed after spending multiple nights having movie/cuddle sleepovers in jeremiah's room.

i lay down next to belly and turn off my lamp.

"so how are you and connie" i ask

"we're good, he's starting to be less confusing and actually gives me signs of him liking me, but i sort of miss cam."

"you what..?" i ask

"i miss cam, kind of. he gave me attention and actually showed me he liked me instead of being so bipolar"

"okay but you broke up with him for conrad?"

"well kind of"

"belly i love you, but you complain that conrad is too "bipolar" for you, yet you miss your ex who you broke up with, for conrad? belly you can't just play around with whatever guy you want just because the other is upsetting you. they have feelings too.." i say

"yeah but conrad's basically playing with my feelings" she says defensively

"belly... you might see it that way, but maybe he caught on to the fact you miss cam and now he's confused on who you like. i know conrad can be a dick sometimes but he really cares about you belly!" i sit up

"what?"

"i'm not arguing with you about this, it's not my situation and i'm not involved but you're kind of in the wrong here bels. just because conrad is being confusing doesn't mean you can just flirt around with whoever gives you more attention"

she stays somewhat silent. she opens her mouth to say something but quickly closes it.

"did you want to say something? i'm about to sleep" i say softly while closing my eyes

"i guess i didn't realize that maybe i was in the wrong..."

i chuckle softly "yeah bels i can tell"

"oh shut up. who the hell am i supposed to pick"

"you got yourself in this mess so you need to clean it up babe." i chuckle "maybe finding love this summer just wasn't meant to be?"

"yeah maybe" she says turning off her bedside lamp

...

i wake up before everyone else, which never happens. i tiptoe down the stairs and make myself some cereal. i eat it quietly and put my phones volume on low so that i don't wake anyone up.

eventually people start waking up and come downstairs to eat food too.

seeing everyone messing around and laughing in the kitchen makes me honestly sad. we're leaving on saturday and it's currently tuesday.

we've already started cleaning the house a bit and even done some early packing. knowing susannah has cancer again made us all even closer. i don't even know when the last time we all went to a party was. fortunately there's another party tonight.

"are you guys going to the party later? it's one of the last parties of this summer" i ask

"yeah most likely" conrad says