TWENTY!

evies pov:
this was the moment i'd been dreading. it was the very last day in cousins. as i stand in the doorframe and look at the now empty room i feel a slight pain in my heart.

the room was finally clean, which meant no more of my clothes scattered on the floor mixed with belly's.

as i grab the handle of my bag and walk it to the stairs, i look into jeremiah's room. i see him cleaning up his room as well.

"hey" i say softly from the doorway

"hi evie" he smiles putting the last pillow on his bed

"i don't wanna leave" i sigh

"i don't either, maybe we can all get together for winter break somewhere" he shrugs

"i hope so. i really don't want to leave" i groan

"it'll be okay i promise" he smiles

i smile back and continue downstairs. as i reach the bottom steps i see my mother bringing her bags outside to the car. i step outside and walk over to the trunk and set my bag inside.

"is steven all packed yet?" i ask

"he should be done any minute, is belly done?" she asks me

"yes she's just double checking the room"

"okay then i'll leave the trunk open" my mom says as she starts to head back inside

"i was wondering, can we all do something for winter break?" i ask

"maybe, we'll see when winter is closer"

i nod and walk inside. the house looks clean, it's always pretty clean but today it just looks different.

i snap out of my thoughts when jeremiah and steven race past me shouting "i'm gonna beat you!" on their way outside.

i chuckle to myself and walk into the kitchen. i'm met with susannah who was cleaning out the cabinets.

"honey do you want these goldfish crackers for the drive home? if not i'm just gonna toss them"

"i'll take them!" i smile

"okay good!" she says and slides me the box.

"hey susannah?" i say grabbing a handful of goldfish

"hm?" she says facing the other way

"do you think we could all do something for winter break?"

"that's a great idea!"

"i think we should all do something together. i'm really gonna miss you guys"

"well now that you and jere are dating you guys need to meet up, so i'm sure we can all meet up sometime together!"

"i sure hope so" i smile walking back outside to the car

...

"i guess this is goodbye" susannah says to all of us as we stand outside of the house

i feel my eyes start to burn a little bit.