TWENTY-FOUR!

evies pov:
i wake up and remember what happened last night. i notice i have a large paragraph from him so i quickly shut off my phone.

he's probably breaking up with me

fuck

i groan and shove my face in my pillow. i don't want things to end with him, but things aren't the same. i guess i never realized how different it is from being best friends and from dating.

i don't want to lose him but things have been so difficult with him lately that i think it might be for the best. i haven't seen him in a month, and we've been dating for 2.

i open his text and a smile forms on my lips.

me
hi jere goodmorning
i'm sorry we didn't talk much last night, i love u sm too. wanna ft later?

jerebear
yes absolutely
i'll call u later

i roll out of bed and get ready to start my day. i put on a baggy t-shirt and some athletic shorts and put my hair in a low messy bun.

...

after hanging out with my friends all day i finally get home and that's when jeremiah's facetimes me.

"hey!" i smile

"hi ev!" he says with a grin

he explains thats he's at tyler's house but found a moment to escape and talk to me. we talk for a bit until a girl appears in the back.

"cmon jere!" she giggles pulling his arm, that's until she sees me on the phone. she lets go of his arm and gives me a nasty look.

oh?

"shit i'm sorry babe we're all going to the movies. can i call you when i get back to my place?"

"uh yeah sure, and if i don't answer i'm probably asleep" i laugh

"alright, bye babe!" he says

"bye" i say slightly coldly as he hangs up the phone

who was she?

why did she give me a nasty look?

lily's pov
i fucking hate jeremiah's girlfriend. he's always talking about her. i've liked jeremiah since 8th
and all of a sudden he's into her? he used to just say that she's his best friend and whatever. but now he never shuts up about her.

she's not even special. plus they're long distance, yet here i am in the same room as him. i live not even 5 minutes away from him yet he still picks the girl who lives hours away.

why cant he just see that i'm actually here? when things go wrong in his life, i can be there to comfort him. yet he still picks the girl miles away who he can only talk to through a screen.

i hate my life

"yo lils can you go get jere?"

"yeah sure" i say

i walk down the stairs and see jeremiah on the couch talking to someone on the phone. i walk over to him and grab his arm pulling him.

"cmon jere we're leaving" i giggle

that's when i see evie.

of course.

i let go and walk back upstairs.

"he's uh on the phone" i say quietly

"oh okay. we still need to go though" tyler says putting on his shoes

...

evies pov:
jeremiahs at the movies and i'm sitting in my bed studying. my mom comes into my room and sits down on the end of my bed.

"hi mom" i say putting my textbook down and sitting up straighter

"so you know how next weekend in a long weekend?"

"yeah, why?"

"we're going to stay with the fishers for a few days!" my mom smiles

"oh my god really?!" i perk up

"yes! we're leaving friday at noon, and get back monday afternoon!" she smiles

"i need to text jeremiah!!" i smile

she walks out and i quickly pull out my phone to text him

me
JERE OMG
I HAVE NEWS FOR U

he doesn't reply but i know he's busy so i don't really take it into offense.

me
JEREEEEE ANSWER
IK UR AT THE MOVIES BUT THIS IS CRAZY
read 7:57 pm

oh?

that's weird

me
read?
was it an accident or
read 8:00 pm

oh

okay...

i shut off my phone and open my laptop. i decide to watch some netflix to maybe get my mind off of it. i still think it's weird that he kept leaving me on read. i know he's at a movie but he usually replies to his texts no matter where he is.