TWENTY-THREE!

(a/n: hi! so i'm on vacation for the next week, so i most likely won't be updating until then, i can try my hardest to update, but the next update might be in a week, im sorry!)

evies pov:
hearing his voice spill out the words "im scared im gonna lose you, evie." made me question things.

will we be able to pull through this?

i know i should feel bad for thinking we can't pull through, but i don't. i always dreamed of dating jeremiah, but i never thought about the fact he lives in another city. when i see how cute kayla and her boyfriend are it always makes me sad. jeremiah is somewhere in another city, with other people. people i've never even heard of.

"fuck" i sigh to myself and put my phone down.

i look at my lockscreen of us and sigh again. it's not that i want to break-up with him, i just want us to be okay. i decide to facetime him, but he doesn't pick up.

that's weird?

maybe he's busy at practice or something

i wait an hour and i get no reply from him. it's now 8:15 and i'm starting to get concerned.

me
hey
i called you abt an hour ago
everything okay?

he eventually replies about 30 minutes later

jerebear
shit im sorry
i was at practice and then i went back to tyler's
i was with the group and i forgot to call you back

me
oh it's okay!
can you call now?

jerebear
i'm so sorry evie
we're at a late dinner
can i call you in like 45 mins?

me
im actually really tired and i don't feel too good
i think im gonna head to bed early
goodnight jere i love u

jerebear
oh okay
goodnight evie i love you
im sorry we didn't talk much today
i'll make it up to you i promise

i shut off my phone and crawl under the sheets in my bed. i turn off the lamp and stare at the ceiling, letting my eyes adjust to the darkness.

eventually my eyes start to get heavy and i feel myself drifting in and out of sleep. i get comfortable, and let myself fall asleep.

jeremiah's pov:
evie texts me that she doesn't feel good and i just feel horrible. it might not be because of me, but i know i let her down. i told her that we would be okay, and i don't know if that was the truth.

i thought it would be easier, but it's so much harder than it seems.

i turn off my phone and try and turn my attention to my friends, but i cant. i cant pay attention when evie is upset with me. evie means so much to me, and i cant afford to lose her. evie changed me for the better, in ways i didn't even know needed to be changed.

"you good man?" brady says to me in a tone that only i can hear

"yeah i'm fine. just hard doing long distance you know?" i say quietly back

"you wanna go to the bathroom and talk about it?" he asks

i nod and we get up from the booth excusing ourselves. we get into the mens bathroom and he sits on the counter. i lean against the wall and sigh.

"tell me what's up man"

"i feel like i'm gonna lose her bro. everytime one of us is busy, i know we both think the worst possibility. i know she would never cheat, but what if she meets someone new? it's not like i'd ever know. i don't even know what her schedule is. i just wish she lived here, it would be so much easier."

"i'm sorry man, but from what i've seen/heard, you guys really care about each other. don't lose her man. just keep fighting for as long as you can. either way i'm sure you guys will find each other again sometime."

"you mean that?" i ask

"100 percent." he replies

i smile at him and we both leave the bathroom. i decide to text evie again just to let her known how much she means to me.

me
hi evie. i'm so sorry about earlier.
i wish i could've answered. i love you so so much. i know we're kind of in a rough patch, but i
promise i love you so so much. you mean so much to me evelyn. i mean it.

i press send and i turn off my phone for good. i pay attention to my friends conversations and laugh along with them, completely taking my mind of off things.