Chapter 1: Prologue

When Kim Rok Soo opens his eyes, he finds himself inside an otome game.

[The Birth of a Heroine].

[The Birth of a Heroine] is a game focused on the main character Mary, an unfortunate girl who transfers into Roan Academy in the middle of the year. She becomes ostracized and bullied due to her special affinity with dark magic and necromancy. However, through multiple events, she gets to meet various romance targets and grows closer to them. When she reaches 100% in affection rating with one of the characters, she finishes the character's 'route' and achieves a happy ending.

Kim Rok Soo is now part of the game as the trash of a count's family, the oldest son who's been cast aside from inheritance in favour of the second son, his stepbrother Basen. He remembers bits and pieces of memories of the character whose body he now inhabits. Cale Henituse. A troublemaker with a trashy personality.

The problem is, Kim Rok Soo knows the ending of Cale Henituse.

As a small-time villain, he messes with Mary, runs with the wrong crowd, and gets on the bad side of the male leads only to die in every single character route in the most terrible ways. Executed, burned alive, run over by a carriage, tortured... he shudders.

"This is going to be a problem."

Kim Rok Soo pinches his own cheeks. It hurts. It's not a dream.

"Well fuck."

He has to live as Cale Henituse now.