Chapter 18: I'm Not Thinking About Anything

A/N: Happy holidays! Special thanks to Yam for sending me tips on ko-fi! If anyone else would like to buy me a coffee, here's the link: https://ko-fi.com/sugamint

With that, onwards to the story!

--------------------------------

Cale leaves the dorm building with thick snow boots, mentally prepared to fight the snow again. However, he's surprised by what he sees.

A flat path has been cleared through the thick snow to make it easier for students to move.

He sees Rosalyn and Alberu using magic to melt the snow and clear a path much further away. It's quite an impressive sight. The wall of fire Alberu creates is more than Cale would ever be able to wield. The snow melts instantly, and the resulting water is lifted into the air by Rosalyn and neatly deposited further away as it rapidly freezes to become ice. What's left is a straight and smooth path.

Cale has never been more thankful for the student council than he is right now. He walks without any difficulty on the ready-made path.

"Cale! You're up early today," Alberu remarks in surprise when he notices Cale. The fire dies away and the bright blaze in Alberu's blue eyes cools to match the icy snowscape. But his smile grows, familiar and warm.

"I guess I slept too much during the winter vacation," Cale replies. It's partially true and Alberu knows it, having seen Cale nap frequently in the student council room. Cale also woke up early to strategize and avoid the new male leads, but Alberu doesn't have to know that. The cats on his shoulders meow a greeting and Alberu waves to them as well.

"President. We should continue before more students arrive," Rosalyn reminds him from the side.

Alberu's mouth parts, probably to agree or joke around with Rosalyn, but all of a sudden, his expression shifts and he turns away, focusing back on his work.

"Be careful," he says, and Cale's not sure who he's talking to or what he's talking about.

He acts like Cale is a stranger, no, as though Cale isn't even there. What-

Confused, Cale turns around a few seconds later to see if anyone is there.

He startles instantly.

Cale slips and almost falls but someone grabs his wrist. The cats meow in alarm, and Raon chastises him for not being careful telepathically, but Cale doesn't hear any of it as he's transfixed by the golden hue of Adin's sharp eyes.

The imperial prince of the Mogoru Empire stands before him. He's almost as tall as Toonka, making him much taller than Cale. His grey hair is swept back from his forehead, and his light tan and broad chest make him look like a hot guy who belongs on the beach, surfing tall waves.

Cale's first thought is: Wow, he's handsome.

Those thin lips lift into a smile right after Cale thinks that. There's a sparkle above Adin's head, and the numbers rise to 3% .

And Cale realizes.

It's him. The God of-

For the love of God!! I'm so hungry!!!

Cale stops his thoughts there forcefully, but he knows, instinctively- the person the God of Death told him to look out for is here.

His heart is shaken as he's righted back into a standing position.

He's used to controlling his words, behaviors, and expressions, but controlling his thoughts is a completely different thing. It feels like he's thrown into a battlefield directly when he's supposed to be playing a battle RPG.