Chapter 16: Post-drinking clarity (part 2)

A/N: Big thanks to Wes and a small bird for enjoying 0% love and supporting me on ko-fi! <3 Special thanks to nautilus030 for shipping me their amazing art as well as this amazing shaker tile (https://twitter.com/shigahands/status/1627722867357138944) I am in love with it ;w; Please check out their Twitter account (ttps://twitter.com/Molan_Lemon) They're my favourite LCF artist <3 They also write great fics in chinese!

----------------------------------------------------

Cale leaves the student council office and returns to a snowy, white landscape. His breath leaves him in small white puffs but his entire body feels pleasantly warm with the help of Alberu's magic. It sure is nice to be filled with magic power, huh? Temperature regulation seems like a handy skill to have.

Snow has piled up even higher now and Cale frowns as he trudges through it with effort. In his previous world, the snow never piled up further than a couple of inches. And yet, it's now at Cale's knee. Just walking is tiring him out. If only he could teleport...

"RED BEAN!!!"

With that cheerful yell, Toonka appears, running through the snow easily as though he's an Alaskan Malamute. His smile is brighter than the 53% shining above his head. Even in this weather, he's dressed in a form-fitting white shirt with short sleeves.

Of course, Toonka won't be held back by something like snow. The man fights anything and wins, even the weather itself. Cale watches Toonka run to him with envy.

"Hi," Cale greets simply when Toonka stops in front of him.

"This is a souvenir for you! From the Whipper Kingdom!"

A basket of colorful flowers is thrust in his face. There's no rhyme or reason to the arrangement. It's a chaotic mess of color, and Cale thinks that's quite similar to Toonka's personality. He accepts the basket with two hands.

"Thanks."

He should get Ron to send Toonka a bottle of wine later.

"Harol taught me to not grab the flowers in my hand all the time, because they'd die faster! The flower stems are fragile just like your body!"

Cale hums in acknowledgment and his eyes flit toward Harol Kodiang, who's much farther away and bundled up in thick clothes. Harol sure is teaching Toonka everything. This feels beyond the job scope of an advisor.

...He must have it hard. Cale should send him some wine too.

Harol trudges through the snow slowly, looking carefully at the ground so he doesn't trip. Cale feels an odd sense of kinship with Harol when he sees that. Since Cale is surrounded by overpowered characters every day, Harol feels very normal in comparison.

"Harol Sunbae," Cale greets politely when Harol is closer to them.

Harol smiles. His cheeks are ruddy from the cold. "I hope you've been in good health, young master Cale."

"Mm. You too."

"How did you find me?" Cale asks Toonka. Is it just a coincidence their paths crossed?

"I followed the smell of the alcohol!" Toonka declares with pride.

Aha.

The first time they met, Cale had been drinking. Last night's drinking party must still be lingering on his body as well. Toonka truly has the nose of a beast.

"Do you like alcohol, young master Cale?" Harol asks. With Cale's nod, he adds, "You should try the beer from the Whipper Kingdom. It's smooth and aromatic. I think you'd like it."